Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Problem with output of PDB files

I am converting lots of HTML files to PDB format. In preferences, PDB format output is set to ereader. When I view the stories using the Calibre viewer, most of the output files end up with what looks like one long hyperlink through most of the book. I tested the same html files with other formats and it doesn't appear to happen in mobi, epub, lit or pdf, just pdb. Again, this is looking at the output files using Calibre's viewer.

I edited one of the html files in Word and removed suspect hyperlinks and ran it through Calibre again. That corrected the problem.

Shortly before the blue, underlines text starts, there are various errors noted in the story itself. For example...
="#calibre_link-4"Main Page
="#calibre_link-15"Continued….

Obviously, the PDB format is reading hyperlink formatting differently than the other formats. If there anything I can do to avoid this problem without manually editing each story to remove any link formatting?

I'm not even sure the errors or blue underlined text will show up in a PDB device. I tested using eReader for Windows and don't see the problems I see using the Calibre reader.

I can send someone a PM with a file or two if someone can check the files on their PDB device for me.

Thanks for your help.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Open a ticket at [url]http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/query[url], attach a few of the html files, and assign it to john (me). If you don't want to attach the files because they are copyriten or some other reason you can email them to me at john at nachtimwald.com.

Also, what version of calibre are you using?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I'm using Calibre 6.45. I'm beginning to think it's a viewer issue and not a formatting issue. I'll open a ticket now and send you a couple files. No copyright problem.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote