Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #91
Bltprf502
Enthusiast
Bltprf502 doesn't litterBltprf502 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300S (GONE), Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle 3
Wow. Well said. Gotta love whistle blower of the truth. I've been doing forums for years. Surprised the mods let the original thread hang...
Bltprf502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #92
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bltprf502 View Post
Wow. Well said. Gotta love whistle blower of the truth. I've been doing forums for years. Surprised the mods let the original thread hang...
We walk a fine line. When we don't close/stop/censor stuff people can't believe we let such a comment/thread/topic stand. When we do censor stuff or close threads we get other people calling our actions discussing and communistic.

We do the best we can... but we generally lean towards allowing open and free discussion as long as it falls withing our guidelines.

If you or anyone wants to check out the guidelines there is a link in the blue menu strip at the bottom of every page.

BOb - Moderator
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #93
Lord Hutton
Lord Hutton began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
No problems with battery life on our PRS-600! We charge them up when needed. Not sure what planet the OP lives on, as with all portable electrical gadgets they need a periodic charge. The makers claims of battery life, page turns, number of cell phone calls etc etc etc are a simple bench mark in "optimum" conditions. The same analogy could be given for any make of car; the makers claim you get 30 mpg, but then depending on your driving habits, routes etc you might actually only get 25 or you could get 40. In any event you would be stupid to ignore the fuel tank warning light and not tank up as and when required.
Lord Hutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #94
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Amen WW.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #95
ginalola
ginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enoughginalola will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs-505,600 and 700
I just saw this thread and thought I would put my 2 cents in. I have had to deal with Sony several times recently, I am having two PRS-500s upgraded, and I have to say, I have been totally pleased, with one exception (and I think this is funny). the one exception was with Bernice (think is't the same one mentioned by the original poster? She was very rude, and not helpful at all. So I called the next day and got Ericka, who was amazing, she really went above and beyond to help me. Also, The second unit I sent in was being delayed because a part was on backorder, so Sony offered me a refurbished 600 as a replacement, at no cost to me. How cool is that, they replaced a 500 with a 600, and as far as it being refurbished, it is in perfect condition and works like a charm!! I'm thrilled! I don't think that there is any customer service department that is perfect, but overall Sony does pretty well.
ginalola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #96
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginalola View Post
<snip> so Sony offered me a refurbished 600 as a replacement, at no cost to me. How cool is that, they replaced a 500 with a 600, and as far as it being refurbished, it is in perfect condition and works like a charm!!
Nice!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #97
dubyajay
dubyajay began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs600
Please accept my apologies. I am not a spammer, troll or any of these things used to describe me. I am simply a person unhappy with my sony reader and their support of the product.
BTW, my story is true. I am at fault for not understanding the protocols of the forum and how things need to be said to be accepted. But everything I said is true, as unbelievable as it may sound. That might lend some understanding to my frustration.

Last edited by dubyajay; 03-18-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: to add text
dubyajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #98
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
dbuyajay, i scanned through the whole thread and noticed that you still didn't tell us how long did it take for you to read your 300-400 pages. why do you keep avoiding this question?
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #99
86301977 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Gee, I bought my PRS-505 last november and it works perfectly. The battery can last at minimum 2 weeks and I read a lot. It is perfect to switch books. I bring it when I travel. The only other reading device I would buy is the Adam...
86301977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #100
dubyajay

I'm sorry - I thought I'd answered that one. I was charging it about every other day. Sometimes every day. It's a bit irrelevant at this point because sony finally replaced the second reader. This third one does not have the same problems as the first two they sent me.

I pre-ordered the first reader in August so the first two readers were early versions. I remember that Sony pushed back the release date of the 600 after I pre-ordered, but I still got mine on time. Who knows why, but I may have ended up with two that never got those issues resolved. I realize that other people got early versions too. I can only vouch for my experience. I did keep the firmware updated as early users can uncover buggy behavior in any gadget. To be expected. So it was likely have been a hardware issue and I clearly sony agreed since they replaced both of them. I just wish I'd had the good experiences that others had with Sony customer support. I didn't even get that frustrated til the 4th month of wrangling.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Sony really sucked, they would not have sent out boxes/packing to send back all the 500's they updated to fix the battery issue with the ePub firmware. So I'd say Sony seems to be doing things right by their customers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #102
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If Sony really sucked, they would not have sent out boxes/packing to send back all the 500's they updated to fix the battery issue with the ePub firmware. So I'd say Sony seems to be doing things right by their customers.

It could be a trick.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #103
dubyajay

You know what, I'm out. Close this post or do whatever you want. It's pretty clear that I am perceived as a BS poster on the forum so I will never be able to contribute in any meaningful way without getting abused by you supercilious, vitriolic blowhards. Enjoy your next kickback from sony. I've been nothing but nice and have taken a lot of abuse, none of which was deserved. Go to hell.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It could be a trick.
We shall find out once they come back updated yet again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #105
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyajay View Post
You know what, I'm out. Close this post or do whatever you want. It's pretty clear that I am perceived as a BS poster on the forum so I will never be able to contribute in any meaningful way without getting abused by you supercilious, vitriolic blowhards. Enjoy your next kickback from sony. I've been nothing but nice and have taken a lot of abuse, none of which was deserved. Go to hell.
To paraphrase Jimmy Dugan: There's no crying in Mobileread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, don't buy it, pdf, prs-600, sony reader