Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
jinjamiki
jinjamiki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Sony 505 problems

I am unable to move books from either E reader to library or vice versa.
When dragging a book to the destination, all seems well until the mouse button is released, when Ebook Library disappears from the screen.

On checking no transfer has taken place.

I have successfully moved books in both directions on previous occasions.

I've tried all of the recommended Toubleshooting solutions without success.

I apologise if this problem has been previously dealt with in the Forum, but as a non-techie I dont know where to look.

jinjamiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
crankymom
crankymom began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Hi -

I recently had a similar issue. One library that I check ebooks out of recently started carrying them in a different format than the library I normally check books out of. One is DRM'd PDF files and one is Epub. For some reason, those file types don't play nicely on the PRS505. You can only have one type of file on the device at a time. So, now I know that if I am checking out books that I have to load books to the device from one library at a time, or else risk not having files that will peacefully coexist on my reader.

Just a thought for you since you said you tried all the troubleshooting advice already.
crankymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jinjamiki and welcome to MobileRead. Good luck with the 505 problem.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
software version

First off, welcome to Mobile Read!

As for your issues, if you are running version 3 of ebook library, there are a number of threads here discussing those issues. You may find one of the solutions listed will help you, but many of us gave up and went back to the version 2.5 and in one of the threads is a link to that. Or you can look into using Calibre - there's a separate forum for that.

Good luck!
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
My advice? Get and use calibre instead of the Sony software.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
jinjamiki
jinjamiki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I opted for the easy way, downloaded Calibre,
and problems solved.
What a great response !
Thanks again.
Mickey D.
jinjamiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Mickey!

Calibre is definitely the way to go. I've been using the Ebook Library Software for some time now and have been very frustrated with the newest version. Good luck.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to Mobile Read! Glad Calibre helped
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote