Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #856
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, I get it. I meant I could edit/add/delete files from Nickel, but of course that doesn't help if I'm not in Nickel.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:32 AM   #857
max44
max44 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Please i need help!
I have Aura h2o with KSM 8 and now i cannot boot my device at all. When i use hard reset button the screen blinks a couple of times and stays white. Only the led on the power button works. When i connect to laptop nothing happens

*Update
So i managed to open device and now i can connect microsd card to my laptop. How do i now restore filesystem to hardware reset it? Which files to delete/update?

Last edited by max44; 10-24-2017 at 07:15 AM.
max44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 07:07 AM   #858
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by max44 View Post
Please i need help!
I have Aura h2o with KSM 8 and now i cannot boot my device at all. When i use hard reset button the screen blinks a couple of times and stays white. Only the led on the power button works. When i connect to laptop nothing happens
I am sorry to hear this. Did this happen immediately after installing KSM? Or did something else happen?

Try to factory reset your device according to this instructions. 'Try the last one, Performing a manual factory reset when the device doesn't boot to the "dancing squares"'. You might need several tries to get the tapping/timing right.

You can also have a look at this thread, especially posts 1 and 9.

Last edited by tshering; 10-24-2017 at 07:11 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #859
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
I have Aura h2o with KSM 8 and now i cannot boot my device at all. When i use hard reset button the screen blinks a couple of times and stays white.
Also, after you try to do what tshering suggests, don't discard possibility that you have hardware problem that has nothing to do with KSM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #860
max44

So this suddenly happened when I loaded handle update option in ksm. Maybe some of you can upload all the system files from the internal scarf partitions so I can format mine and restore?
Advert
Old 10-26-2017, 12:42 PM   #861
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So this suddenly happened when I loaded handle update option in ksm. Maybe some of you can upload all the system files from the internal scarf partitions so I can format mine and restore?
The recommended way to restore the system partition is to do a factory reset. Did you try one of methods I mentioned in my first answer to your post?
Old 10-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #862
max44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The recommended way to restore the system partition is to do a factory reset. Did you try one of methods I mentioned in my first answer to your post?
Doesnt help
Old 10-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #863
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
So this suddenly happened when I loaded handle update option in ksm.
Hardware failures can happen anytime. Even in situations like yours, when you have good reason to suspect KSM, but actually, in my opinion, this is very misguided.

KSM isn't OS, or firmware, so all file operations are done through lower level software.

I just want to say, you may have genuine hardware problem not caused with KSM even if you used KSM when failure happened. If nothing helped from what tshering suggested, maybe it is time to try consider hardware side of things. And exchange device for new one.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #864
tshering
Wizard

I was informed by one user that there is still a rotation problem on Aura HD. Do other people see this too?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #865
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
I was informed by one user that there is still a rotation problem on Aura HD. Do other people see this too?
Which version for nickel and KSM do you want I will try?

Note: Remember I only can try on H2O
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #866
David0226
David0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
I have KSM installed on my Aura One. When I updated the Kobo software to 4.6.9995, I used the "full update" method and now it will not boot into KSM. Do I need to re-install KSM, or is there just an edit I can make to some file that will get KSM back for me?
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #867
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David0226 View Post
I have KSM installed on my Aura One. When I updated the Kobo software to 4.6.9995, I used the "full update" method and now it will not boot into KSM. Do I need to re-install KSM, or is there just an edit I can make to some file that will get KSM back for me?
You need only to re-install the patch.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #868
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
screen orientation strikes again

I again started having problems with screen orientation. The problems are somewhat random - e.g. ksm will start with the correct orientation but when I tap on any menu (say tools, or configure) the next screen is upside down (but not always). When I start koreader it's sometimes upside-down, sometimes not - I don't quite see what is the rule. I can get some problems even without starting koreader at all.

I have H2O, the latest ksm orientation patch installed, the latest kobo firmware, and also the latest koreader. I don't know when it happened since I was not using koreader for quite some time.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #869
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I again started having problems with screen orientation. The problems are somewhat random - e.g. ksm will start with the correct orientation but when I tap on any menu (say tools, or configure) the next screen is upside down (but not always). When I start koreader it's sometimes upside-down, sometimes not - I don't quite see what is the rule. I can get some problems even without starting koreader at all.

I have H2O, the latest ksm orientation patch installed, the latest kobo firmware, and also the latest koreader. I don't know when it happened since I was not using koreader for quite some time.
Thank you for reporting. I have a similar report from an Aura HD user (also on FW 4.6.9995). According to his observation he can reproduce the rotation by
  • (ksm home) start nickel
  • switch/leave in nickle wifi on
  • exit nickel by opening "switchtokoreader.png"
When the "wifi is on! Switch it off: yes/no" menu appears, the screen is rotated. I cannot see why having wifi on, or exiting nickel by "switchtokoreader.png" (without being in a nickel - koreader loop), or both together can trigger the rotation issue.
Could you try how this is on your device?

Last edited by tshering; 11-04-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:01 AM   #870
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Quote:
Thank you for reporting. I have a similar report from an Aura HD user (also on FW 4.6.9995). According to his observation he can reproduce the rotation by
  • (ksm home) start nickel
  • switch/leave in nickle wifi on
  • exit nickel by opening "switchtokoreader.png"
When the "wifi is on! Switch it off: yes/no" menu appears, the screen is rotated. I cannot see why having wifi on, or exiting nickel by "switchtokoreader.png" (without being in a nickel - koreader loop), or both together can trigger the rotation issue.
Could you try how this is on your device?
I tried it and it triggers the rotation problem.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote