Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
I have the Marware SportGrip for my Touch and a no-name cheapie clear skin for my Non-touch. Marware's is a lot thicker than the other one and, although I'm not sure it's "Sporty", it's definitely "Grippy". The gray color is very close to the Kindle's color, so it blends in. I've not had any static electricity issues, and I regularly slip the encased Kindle into a zippered sleeve to protect the screen when I'm not using the Kindle.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My K3 without one attracts hair. I have no idea how to clean around the edges of the screen. It keeps getting pushed into there. The K4 does not have this problem. It's easy to clean.
I had that problem when I had my dog. I bought one of those super-soft children's starter toothbrushes and it worked really well. It's also good for getting bits of whatever that end up around the buttons.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #18
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
I got 2 of my Decalgirl skins today and they rock!!
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I had that problem when I had my dog. I bought one of those super-soft children's starter toothbrushes and it worked really well. It's also good for getting bits of whatever that end up around the buttons.
My problem is the dirt is getting pushed up inside around the screen and one area I think the glue might be weakening that holds it there. I may have to try to brush idea.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The vinyl skin decals don't cause static electricity problems, do they?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The vinyl skin decals don't cause static electricity problems, do they?
Nope. I've never noticed any when I was using one on my Kindle.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good. I had to get one when I started using the Kindle lighted cover, because it looked so ugly in it LOL. But now the Kindle is giving me little fits. Whether in the cover or out. It's a brat!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Good. I had to get one when I started using the Kindle lighted cover, because it looked so ugly in it LOL. But now the Kindle is giving me little fits. Whether in the cover or out. It's a brat!
My K3 has been acting up too. It doesn't seem to want to download half the time the books sent could be a server issue with Amazon. Last night I was reading with it and I had to retrieve the book from Archive because when I sent it to the K3 it gave me a error about it not being available. I love my lighted cover! It's black so it looks nice but I read coverless.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Maybe it is a server issue for mine, then. I'll have to see if this ever happens when my wifi is off. I have it on quite a lot.

I got the red lighted cover. It's pretty. But just looking at the naked Kindle, I decided was not so pretty. So I got a red skin with lightning flashes on it. --but I only put it on the front. I had it on the back, too, but the page turn buttons made a clicking sound which drove me crazy, so I took the back skin off.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #25
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
I had a silicone sleeve for an mp3 player that used to attract cat hair and dust like crazy.

But for my Kindle, I got a "tpu rubber" sleeve that works great, it makes the reader easier to hold and stays clean. It only protects the back and edges, so for transport, the Kindle with tpu cover goes into a padded oversize case that zips up completely.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #26
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I had a silicone sleeve for an mp3 player that used to attract cat hair and dust like crazy.

But for my Kindle, I got a "tpu rubber" sleeve that works great, it makes the reader easier to hold and stays clean. It only protects the back and edges, so for transport, the Kindle with tpu cover goes into a padded oversize case that zips up completely.
The sleeve that I have for mine makes it a little hard to fit it in my case, but I made it work.
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote