Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Bookeen Cybook Odyssey at CES w/ Animated boot display

Interesting animated boot display on the Odyssey as well as fast page scrolling

Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
ooooh.....I like...
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That looks really cool. Kind of strikes a happy medium for me for touch-screen on an ereader.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I own one. The animateddisplay is fun the first time then you wish you could turn it off. But it's a very fast and responsive reader and Booken has done a good job with the updates. I don't like the metal back since it feels cold to the touch so I skinned it with some book plastic from work. The plastic sucks for books since it peels off easily so it was perfect :-)
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3

Just to let you know, it's not all that unique.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I own one. The animateddisplay is fun the first time then you wish you could turn it off. But it's a very fast and responsive reader and Booken has done a good job with the updates. I don't like the metal back since it feels cold to the touch so I skinned it with some book plastic from work. The plastic sucks for books since it peels off easily so it was perfect :-)
I can only second that. The animation when you turn the book on is ok, better than seeing a boring boot screen. But every dang time you go from the home menu back to your book it takes forever to see the book cover get bigger and bigger and bigger. The reader is fast enough that if you go from book to home screen that is instant, other way around would be very nice to have w/o animation.

The metal back is slippery, but very very nice that it is not plastic. I did drop test (not on purpose of course) my Odyssey. It kinda slipped out of my hand and landed right on the kitchen floor. Was lucky that the screen did not break - it did hit so hard that I had to push the front and backpane back together. Not sure if that was due only to the sturdy metal back or a combination of the metal with the excellent cover.

Bookeens cover (I got the chocolate) is very nice. Got wrap around rubber in the back, and reinforcerd leather in the front with a felt type lining where it touches the front of the Odyssey. (Looks even better than my black original Sony prs-300).

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-20-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #7
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Unfortunately the cover is quite loose since the sides are cut-out (to get at the page buttons) I also never read with a cover on since it adds weight and bulk.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote