Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
What is next for android jellybean??

Ok, this is just idle speculation. If you are looking for facts, or even rumor, just move on because there is nothing to see here.

First, I would note that speculation on the web is that jellybean will be released, or at least previewed at Google's next major conference in April. I would also note that the ICS release was silent on new tablets, and that March or April may see the next iPad.

Furthermore, the first quarter should see a pretty strong presence for ultra books -- Intel's design for ultra thin, high battery life windows PCs that can launch in two to three seconds. They are expected to have solid state drives and to cost under $1000 in fifteen inch screens, less for smaller screens. And, of course Windows 8 will be just around the corner by that time.

So, I think we will see a tablet push for Google in the first quarter, unless they want the market to slip away. I know that Android runs on both tablets and phones, and that manufacturers like Moto/Sammy/HTC can push out new products at any given time. However, from Google's perspective I think they will normalize on a schedule aligned with Apple that concentrates on Spring tablet upgrades and Fall phone upgrades.

The one difference between the two will that Google's OS could continue to update twice a year, but that Apple's Spring updates are likely to be HW only.

So, I'm interested in your predictions..
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote