Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Gremalkin
Gremalkin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Adobe Reg problem on PE

I purchased a used PE. It still had a lot of information from the previous owner, so I did a factory reset. After which, the PE downloaded and installed an update, which put the firmware at 1.6, kernel 2.6.29, and build number at DINGO-1.13. When it tries to register the device, I keep getting a Code 9, Network Connection Problem from the Adobe registration. However, I am able to surf the web and do email on the device, so I know it is connecting to the internet fine.

I was able to register the PE with Entourage somewhere else, don't remember where , but I can't get the Adobe registration to work. I have library books downloaded to the device from my desktop, but cannot open them in reader - it keeps telling me they are registered to another user.

Is there anywhere on the PE I can go to see who it thinks Adobe is registered to, and change it to myself? Any suggestions?

I spent some time last night trying to find a solution online, to no avail.

Oh yeah - and You Tube videos do not work, but I'll do some searching to try to find the solution to that later! :-)

Thanks!
Gremalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
There might be some help in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=code+adobe.

I don't know where or if the Adobe registration shows on the eDGe. Gonna go look at mine.

Edit: Didn't find anything on the eDGe, but tried Adobe.com and found the suggestion for Code 9 to try again in 24 hours. So it may be a problem with Adobe and nothing wrong with your eDGe registration. Anyway, I hope that's the case!

Last edited by Filark; 06-13-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Try opening ADE on your PC and then connect your edge to your PC. Your edge should appear as a device; ADE should offer to authorize the edge and you can read your books now.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
Gremalkin
Gremalkin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Thanks! I have it working now! Now on to the next thing. . .
Gremalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyenneDonna View Post
Try opening ADE on your PC and then connect your edge to your PC. Your edge should appear as a device; ADE should offer to authorize the edge and you can read your books now.
Thank you for this. You've given a happy ending to a dreadful weekend.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes, I think the Adobe registration was only needed for purchases from the Entourage bookstore. Since that is kaput you don't need to do it, and you can just use ADE to sideload content.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote