Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalpacman View Post
Thx a lot! Anything like M-Edge guardian protection accessory for K3
Nope. The Guardian and KlearKase were released mere months before the K3 was released. I am guessing that the change from the joystick to the directional pad and the location of ports means that they have to be totally redesigned for the K3.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
IMO, you need a completely hard case. I have one of these for travel and it provides a lot of protection.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
IMO, you need a completely hard case. I have one of these for travel and it provides a lot of protection.
Does that body glove case work well for the kindle 3? It didn't say that it for the K3 but I was wondering if it would still work well. Is there a gap where the kindle can move around? Is it possible for you post pictures with the K3 in the case? thanks
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #19
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I have been using the standard amazon cover exclusively for my K2 and I've been very happy with it. I take my Kindle places in a backpack, but I always make sure it is "standing up" in the backpack (flat against my back, not flat against the bottom of the pack). If I put books and stuff in with it, I layer it between the books instead of underneath them. If I put heavy uneven things in the pack (cans of soup when shopping or something like that) I make sure the Kindle goes on top, or I carry it in my hands.

So far I have had no problems.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #20
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Have you ever tried an ordinary plastic container for lunch? they are sold in dollar stores, find a shape that goes with your kindle size. Put two generous sheet of sponges with it.
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #21
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
The glass sub-strata of the screen will break if any of the readers are bent. Usually this happens when a jumble of things are placed on top of it. If the object pressing down on it is sharp and pressing somewhere near the corner, you are effectively applying two force multipliers to that pressure.

Two solutions:

1) Any case that keeps the reader somewhat rigid and can 'blunt' the sharpness of intruding objects. I got a bog-standard gate-fold cover, but now find I would have preferred an envelope-style slip pouch, since I like to read it bare-back (the reader, not myself).

2) The best solution is a jacket with a copious inside pocket. There's no chance of the reader bending, since your body's keeping it rigid. A laptop bag would work just as well. Having observed the state of most ladies' handbags ... I think this would be virtually as bad as a rucksack, unless the reader was alongside a hard-back book - and that sort of defeats the object of having a reader, n'est pas?
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote