Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Bought the red leather M-edge cover, and it came in the mail day before yesterday. I like the way it holds the Kindle more securely than the original cover. I miss the elastic band from the Kindle cover, though, enough that I'm going to go to a fabric/dry goods store and buy a bit of the elastic to make one for the new cover, so that I can fold the front cover back and wedge my hand in between front and back cover to hold the Kindle.

The fit and finish is very good, the color is a medium bright red, marbelized, with a gloss (maybe a little TOO glossy for me) and the interior is a paler red (definitely red, not pink). The little pockets look handy, although they are awfully thin - I won't be able to put anything of much thickness in there, but I like the ability to but a couple of index cards and a pencil in there for note-taking.

Also - the dogs find this new leather cover VERY interesting. The original Kindle cover, while leather, didn't interest them at all. I'm pretty sure this is not a good thing.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #32
brent_strong
brent_strong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ordered a real leather one based on the reviews here. M-edge should be thankful for the buzz generated here.
brent_strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #33
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
Just got a black one. I had kept on hesitating because the pictures didn't look all that good. I have to tell you...the quality of the leather is outstanding. This cover changes the way the Kindle feels while you hold it. I wish I had ordered this months ago.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #34
lkrause
lkrause began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader
Smile New To Group

Hi,
I received my Kindle for Mother's Day and immediately ordered this case in red. It is wonderful. It really protects the Kindle plus it is very good looking as well. The leather also smells divine. I have no trouble with the tab and I slide it into a pocket in my purse every day and pull it out on the bus ride to and from work.
lkrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #35
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
How red is the red? I couldn't really tell from the picture.
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #36
lkrause
lkrause began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader
Red Color

It's not a bright candy apple red but a really classy professional looking red.
lkrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #37
honeybunny
Connoisseur

Thanks. I'm thinking of getting it more more 'formal' settings.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #38
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntone View Post
Just got a black one. I had kept on hesitating because the pictures didn't look all that good. I have to tell you...the quality of the leather is outstanding. This cover changes the way the Kindle feels while you hold it. I wish I had ordered this months ago.
Thanks for your thoughts and input. I just ordered the black one. I was torn between the black and the brown.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #39
honeybunny
Connoisseur

I just noticed there is a 'genuine leather' one and an apparently non-leather one, and the price difference is $15. Just FYI.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #40
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
I use one of these...when I am reading, I fold the cover completely back and tuck the tab into the same slot provided to keep the cover closed when the Kindle is not in use. It works great!
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #41
honeybunny
Connoisseur

I just picked up the leather one. As much as I like FrankN's handmade case, I'd like one with a little more polish for some settings.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #42
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Bummer. Just got an email from M-edge that my Black cover is backordered until June 5th.

I guess I should be happy I only have to wait a few days instead of weeks.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #43
CopperTrail
Enthusiast
CopperTrail is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X3i
My Brown Executive Leather case arrived yesterday. You won't be disappointed, its miles above the cover that ships with the Kindle.
CopperTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #44
CopperTrail
Enthusiast
CopperTrail is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X3i
Just an FYI to Medge cover owners. Yesterday I picked up a jar of Leather Lube. Applied it to the Kindle today and has a much better look and feel to it, not to mention the protection. I'm sure any leather protectant/conditioner would do. Also, no discoloration of the leather with this product.
CopperTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #45
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The elastic on my original Kindle cover has started to roll and drive me crazy, so I broke down and purchased the M-Edge Executive cover in Saddle Brown Leather.

It's very pretty but I'm having a hard time folding it back into a comfortable reading position. Does it take a while to break in?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!