Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
document delivery fails via Wi-Fi

Has anybody noticed this problem or is it only with my device? I send Word documents to <user>@free.kindle.com they automatically are converted to the Kindle format. The conversion works well and I can download the files and transfer them to Kindle via USB. According to the manual Wi-Fi download directly to Kindle should work as well but in my case they never arrive. Not a big problem but I want to avoid inconvenience using the USB cable.

I contacted Amazon support but so far they haven't acknowledged this problem. They suggested sending the file to <user>@kindle.com which according to the manual is used for 3G delivery. I tried but unsurprisingly it didn't work. My Kindle is Wi-Fi only and otherwise works as expected. Books bought on Amazon arrive via Wi-Fi normally so I suspect that it is some kind of bug in the system of firmware.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I have used the User@free.kindle.com email address to send files already converted to mobi format over wifi and they have all arrived on my kindle. My device is wifi only.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
SpeckledJim
Enthusiast
SpeckledJim began at the beginning.

Device: K3 WiFi
Have you added the sender email address to the "Your Kindle Approved E-mail List" section of your Kindle account? Without the relevant entries in the whitelist, email will be considered spam.
SpeckledJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for replies. Now it seems that the issue is with my Kindle only. I sent a test .mobi file and with the same result. I get the link to download the document but does not arrive via Wi-Fi even after selecting Menu > Sync & Check for Items.

P.S. My address was added in the whitelist. When I registered the Kindle device I selected a different <user name> for "kindle.com" address but it should not be a problem.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
Thank you for replies. Now it seems that the issue is with my Kindle only. I sent a test .mobi file and with the same result. I get the link to download the document but does not arrive via Wi-Fi even after selecting Menu > Sync & Check for Items.

P.S. My address was added in the whitelist. When I registered the Kindle device I selected a different <user name> for "kindle.com" address but it should not be a problem.
ok, there are several things to check:

a)is wifi enabled on kindle ?
a) are you sending to correct email address(it does not matter if it is free.kindle.com or kindle.com)?
b)do you have correct email white listed on amazon Manage Kindle page?
c) Do you have any problems accessing internet web pages on your kindle via browser on kindle?
d)also be sure to check the following thing - when you go to your amazon Manage Kindle page, there is a panel to your right called Delivery Status for: #Name of your Kindle# - do you see Any items in the list there at all? Do you see any items that are marked with an orange circle(pending)?

it would be nice to have answers to these questions to know for sure that there is something wrong with your kindle.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Mrzerga has given you a good list to start from, especially looking at your Kindle page through Amazon and whether any documents show up as pending.

Upon receiving my device, I tested Wifi, and what I found is that it tends to be slow. I sent a couple of files as a test (free and not free Kindle addresses) and I always received the converted document through my personal (gmail) address almost instantly. However, my wifi took some time to receive the document. In one case (larger file), It took a few hours to get the document via wifi.

I also have to admit that I hadn't white listed my address as needed initially when I test sent a report from my work email, which I hadn't white listed.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Not much additional advice other than I have sent numerous files via Calibre to my <username>@kindle.com address and they have all shown up via WiFi on my Kindle in under 5 minutes (max). Usually they are there as soon as I sync and check.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
If you decide to rename your Kindle do you also need to change the delivery address (user@[free.]kindle.com)?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
If you decide to rename your Kindle do you also need to change the delivery address (user@[free.]kindle.com)?
If you change the email address then you do but if you're just changing the name of the Kindle it doesn't matter.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
karunaji
Evangelist

Thanks for the care!

a)is wifi enabled on kindle ? – positive.

a) are you sending to correct email address(it does not matter if it is free.kindle.com or kindle.com)? – Double checked and it is correct.
Otherwise I wouldn't be receiving an e-mail from Amazon to my primary account address with a link for download when sending to user@free.kindle.com.

When sending to user@kindle.com, nothing happens.

b)do you have correct email white listed on amazon Manage Kindle page?

yep.

c) Do you have any problems accessing internet web pages on your kindle via browser on kindle?

I haven't used it much but experimental internet browsing works fine, considering limitations.

d)also be sure to check the following thing - when you go to your amazon Manage Kindle page, there is a panel to your right called Delivery Status for: #Name of your Kindle# - do you see Any items in the list there at all? Do you see any items that are marked with an orange circle(pending)?

When I send the document, the named document shortly appears as pending. Then it disappears and I receive an e-mail from Amazon with a download link. Otherwise only a list of successfully delivered Amazon books remains.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
karunaji
Evangelist

The hidden 411 page in Kindle settings also shows that everything is UP.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
plantoschka
Connoisseur
plantoschka doesn't litterplantoschka doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Try to reset your device trough the Settings Page.

Worked for me.
plantoschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #13
karunaji
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantoschka View Post
Try to reset your device trough the Settings Page.

Worked for me.
Fantastic! It worked for me too! Thanks a lot. Who could imagine that?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
plantoschka
Connoisseur
plantoschka doesn't litterplantoschka doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Yeah i send a lot of documents to my Kindle but one day it just wasn't working. A hard Reset with the Power Button is not working too...
Only the Soft Reset in the Menu worked for me. After that all documents were delivered immediatly.
plantoschka is offline   Reply With Quote