Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
fluoresce
Enthusiast
fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sigil
Smile How to Create a Great Body — A Complete Training System

How to Create a Great Body — A Complete Training System for Creating a Great-Looking Body and Improving All Aspects of Fitness

Well, I have finally finished it! My ebook, How to Create a Great Body, is finally launched! And as far as I'm aware, there's nothing like it. It is the most complete training system for men and women that I am aware of. It includes everything from weight training programs, cardio programs, stretches, power and plyometric workouts, and bodyweight workouts to a weight training guide, a cardio guide, a nutrition guide, a weight loss guide, and a target muscle guide!

Apart from producing the illustrations, I did everything myself — I planned everything, I wrote the guides, I designed the training programs and workouts, and I constructed the EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files.

That final step I only managed with the help of this website and the great people who roam these forums!

fluoresce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hi.
Just a little heads up folks. You have to buy from his website and the guide is $39.99.

Now to the OP,
I looked at your site. It left me with a couple of major questions.
1. There is nothing about you or your background. If I am going to spend that kind of money, I want to make sure the author has a good background in the field.
2. Did you put together the actual exercises?
You might want to put the information you gave here on the web page. I looked at the website first before reading all your description here. Hence the question.

Now I will be back I want to research something.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 06-04-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Research done.
A quick glance shows there are over 4000 books on weight training alone.
What I did find was the average price is $12.99 for the paperback version. And cheaper for the ebook.

Oh and just a heads-up, the word count was a bit of a turn-off.
I don't care how many words if the information is good.
My first thought when I saw that was "is it all information or did the author pad his words for a big word count and why if the author is good did he announce his word count? "
Most people besides authors use page count not word count.
Is this a big book or a small book? Is it illustrated?
And why didn't you put it at the big book sellers?
Oh and do know some people have had bad experiences with some banks so that information may be a turn-off.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
fluoresce
Enthusiast
fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the feedback, cinisajoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Just a little heads up folks. You have to buy from his website and the guide is $39.99.
It's not a guide; it's a complete training system with multiple years' worth of training programs for both men and women, covering weight training, cardio, stretching, plyometrics — basically, everything.

Quote:
There is nothing about you or your background.
Personal trainer for over 10 years with a masters in biology.

Quote:
A quick glance shows there are over 4000 books on weight training alone.
What I did find was the average price is $12.99 for the paperback version. And cheaper for the ebook.
It's a complete training system for total-body development that also includes multiple guides (a weight training guide, a cardio guide, a nutrition guide, a weight loss guide, and a target muscle guide). It also covers power training, plyometrics, bodyweight training, and static and dynamic stretching. A 12-week weight training program alone usually costs in the region of $50 to $100.

Quote:
Oh and just a heads-up, the word count was a bit of a turn-off.
One of my first customers wrote to me and said these exact words: "The sheer quantity of information is overwhelming." That's why I included the word count on the sales page. I need customers to know that it is substantial.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback. Maybe I should remove the word count and communicate the size of the work in different words.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Ok so it is still a guide, just a very complete guide.

Next question, that training program you refer to, does it include a live person helping you?

Yes, please use different words that the average person has a concept of.

*Oh and one other little tip: Don't be bragging you did it all yourself on the book part. In some circles that screams amateur and people will run away from it.
Like I tell others, don't tell people you are an amateur writer. Let the work speak for itself.

I wish you the best of luck.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #6
fluoresce
Enthusiast

Hi, Cinisajoy.

Quote:
Ok so it is still a guide, just a very complete guide.
It is a complete training system for both men and women that also includes multiple individual guides. There are eight weight training programs for men and eight for women, three cardio training programs, two bodyweight workouts, two power workouts, one plyometric workout, instructions on how to design your own cardio and bodyweight workouts, 14 stretches, a weight training guide, a cardio guide, a weight loss guide, a nutrition guide, and a target muscle guide. There's also a large glossary. In other words, it's a complete training and guidance system that's packed with everything you need to completely transform your body and improve all important aspects of physical fitness. I personally haven't seen anything like it.

Quote:
Next question, that training program you refer to, does it include a live person helping you?
There are no videos, if that's what you mean.

Quote:
*Oh and one other little tip: Don't be bragging you did it all yourself on the book part.
I was assuring people that I did everything myself, as well as leading up to acknowledging the people who helped me in these forums.

Quote:
I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

This was what I was asking about:
A 12-week weight training program alone usually costs in the region of $50 to $100.
Does this include a live person or just books/videos to show you what you should do every week?

Your program does sound good and you do sound knowledgeable.
Now I am messaging you.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
fluoresce
Enthusiast

Quote:
This was what I was asking about:

"A 12-week weight training program alone usually costs in the region of $50 to $100."

Does this include a live person or just books/videos to show you what you should do every week?
Many of these so-called fitness gurus sell single, very basic, and poorly designed weight training programs that only last for eight to 12 weeks, and they often charge $50 to $100! Their programs essentially consist of nothing but a simple PDF file containing exercise tables and instructions. There is no live help. What's more, the training programs haven't been balanced, which means that they can't be repeated over and over again.

As I mentioned, my system includes several weight training programs that collectively last one year and 12 weeks if you take a week's break between each one. However, I have also meticulously balanced my programs in accordance with recommended muscle strength ratios so that they can be repeated over and over again for years and years without the risk of developing muscle strength imbalances. The men's weight training programs have been designed for maximum muscle and strength, whereas the women's ones have been designed for maximum curves and functional strength.

Instead of presenting my system in just a PDF file, my customers get a PDF, a MOBI, and an EPUB, which means that they can print it, read it on Kindle, upload it to iBooks, upload it to Google Play Books, and read it on their e-readers. I also optimized the training programs for smartphones, so my customers can take the programs to the gym!

And if any customer is displeased (none so far), they can take advantage of my 60-day money-back guarantee.

As I said earlier, as far as I'm aware, there's nothing like my training system.

Quote:
Your program does sound good and you do sound knowledgeable. Now I am messaging you.
Thanks, Cinisajoy! I appreciate your feedback, and I thank you for the advice in the private message! It'll help me to protect my system, so I am grateful.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

That is awesome that you optimized it. It is also great that you are giving formats that can be read easily on all ereaders.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #10
fluoresce
Enthusiast

Quote:
That is awesome that you optimized it. It is also great that you are giving formats that can be read easily on all ereaders.
Had to give you some karma/rep points.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
fluoresce
Enthusiast

Talking Yay!

Just wanted to announce that my complete training system is now available at Amazon (Kindle), Barnes & Noble (Nook), Apple iBooks, Kobo, Scribd, Tolino, and Inktera — for just $10!

Also, you can buy all three versions — PDF, EPUB, and MOBI — of the ebook from my website for just $12.99!

Once again, I thank everyone on this forum for their kind support.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Here's the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/How-Create-Gr...rd+lord+kindle
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:09 AM   #13
fluoresce
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you! Gave you some karma.