Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #61
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'll install 32bit and run it with a fresh configuration folder.
Works like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
BetterRed, the portable launcher essentially just sets a bunch of environment variables before calling calibre.exe -- have you tried running calibre.exe after setting those environment variables by hand?
@eshwartz - by hand . . . with a quill pen perhaps? How quaint

In post 13 you'll see a screen shot of my normal environment variables. I removed all the calibre related variables, still didn't work. Having a separate Configuration was my primary motivation for using Portable.

However, it is very easy for me to use an installed 32bit version of V2.99 with a separate config by switching CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY to C:\_Calibre\Configuration_32bit before I run it, so I'll stick with it - viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	156641

If I get an opportunity I'll try putting portable back on a thumb drive and trying it on another (not mine) machine. But for now I am happy to use the installed 32bit as described.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #62
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Portable, .2 beta (on w10 x64)
Tapping 'V' with the cursor in the title field, puts it into field edit (and a v replaces)
FWIW I could not find the tweak to require F2 like in 2.84
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #63
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Portable, .2 beta (on w10 x64)
Tapping 'V' with the cursor in the title field, puts it into field edit (and a v replaces)
FWIW I could not find the tweak to require F2 like in 2.84
It's there, Control behaviour of book list - find doubleclick should find it, the description doesn't mention F2 (as it did before I think), but ...

BR
Old 05-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #64
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Probably a carry over cosmetic 'glitch'.

The description indicates the list of file types should be wrapped in braces - cover_drop_exclude = {'tiff', 'webp'}

However the tweak itself seems to want parentheses - cover_drop_exclude = ('tiff', 'tif')

BR
Old 05-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #65
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
After downloading the latest Calibre Portable, it doesn't hang anymore. It works. I tried a number of books, they were loaded ok. The layout looks great to me (though I have to figure out a way to hide the status bar in order to get fullscreen - I'm testing on my Oneplus 3, Chrome), but I can't change margin. When ever I try to type a new value, the box disappears. Popup footnote doesn't work either. It simply jumps to the link but id doesn't allow to go back.

Books can't be read if using inbuilt Chrome Web View.

Last edited by nqk; 05-10-2017 at 10:43 PM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
It's there, Control behaviour of book list - find doubleclick should find it, the description doesn't mention F2 (as it did before I think), but ...

BR

That fixed that issue
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #67
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Chrome

Backspace and Shift/Backspace don't work. As far as I know Chrome, Qupzilla, Firefox, Edge and IE all support Backspace and Shift+Backspace, in addition to Alt+Left/Right.

If I right click on an author and select Open link in new tab I get an about:blank page. If I middle click on anything nothing happens

Should columns such Book Number and EPUB size be clickable?

I'm seeing some odd looking Date and Published values, and some spurious looking Id's

GUI ==> Click image for larger version

Name:	GUI BookInfo.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	156643 SERVER ==>> Click image for larger version

Name:	SVR BookInfo.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	156644

BR
Old 05-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #68
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
After downloading the latest Calibre Portable, it doesn't hang anymore. It works.
- me too - I didn't try it because...

Wonder what it was?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #69
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Hi

I'm running Calibre 2.99.2 on Ubuntu Mate 16.04, and it works, but found one or two things:

1) Usung UC Browser on Android(Android 5.1) to connect to the server doesn't work, but I have a suspicion that it's UC Browser's fault, it will connect to the server, show "Loading, Please wait" and stop. Doesn't happen using the default Browser.

2) Using it the first time it shows covers, closing the server and restarting the server and reconnecting to the server throws the following error:
Quote:
Unhandled exception in state: State: _job_done Client: 127.0.0.1:51869 Request: GET /get/thumb/24621/user001?sz=300x400 HTTP/1.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 518, in tick
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 278, in _job_done
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/pool.py", line 35, in run
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/http_response.py", line 439, in run_request_handler
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/routes.py", line 306, in dispatch
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/content.py", line 299, in get
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/content.py", line 140, in cover
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/srv/content.py", line 93, in create_file_copy
File "/tmp/t/frozen-MHthcc/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calibre/utils/shared_file.py", line 173, in share_open
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/calibre_2.99.2_tmp_DtDweM/srv-imSr44/fcache/02d/cover-300x400-user001-602d.jpg'
and it'll not show the covers, the only way to get covers to show is to close the server, restart calibre and the start the server
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:15 PM   #70
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@DaltonST all those operations are not safe. Some of them are not safe in calibre 2 and all of them are not safe in calibre 3, because you cannot know if a db is open or closed since there are multiple independent processes that can access databases. The only way to make them safe is to ensure that no more than a single of those processes can run at a time, which is what calibre 3 does.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:16 PM   #71
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Terisa I cant see anything that has changed in the beta that could affect the KoboUtilities plugin, but it is hard for me to test as I dont have a Kobo -- perhaps davidfor can comment?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #72
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@kacir can you send me the book that fails on firefox.

There is a known bug with completion right now in the search boxes, that will be fixed soonish.

The in browser viewr uses pretty modern JS, so it is unlikely to work in anything other than latest Chrome/Firefox. It does only use standards compliant things so hopefully other browser vendors will catch up soon.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:22 PM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@eschwartz: yes, it took a while

Note that calling calibredb is now pretty efficient if you connect it to a running calibre server. Without a server for every invocation of calibredb, it would have to load the entire database. Now it just connects to a previously loaded database.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #74
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@theducks: I cannot reproduce on my W10 machine. Pressing v launches the viewer as it has always done. Have you changed the keyboard shortcuts?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #75
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR: both types of bracket work. The reason the tweak uses () by default is a technicality in python -- there is no literal notation for empty sets.