Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
MrTyton
MrTyton began at the beginning.

Device: android reader
Calibre 3.1.1 Server Issues

Hi,

I used to have a script that would automatically download stories that I sent to email and then use calibredb to update the calibre library, which I would then access using calibre-server through whatever device I wanted to read on (usually my phone).

However it seems like there's an issue that's arisen with this setup after upgrading, which I managed to miss until now because the calibre-server didn't run the new version until I forced it to, in that the web server doesn't recognize the changes to the calibre database unless I actually restart the server. Calibredb puts the files into the library fine, I can physically see them and mess with them, but these changes are not observed on the web interface. This is even after both using --enable-local-write and passing in a user/pass to the calibredb add command.

Quote:
calibre-server --userdb users.sqlite --enable-auth --port 8195 --enable-localrite --access-log output.view PATH
Is this intended behavior or a bug? If it's intended behavior then I'm going to have to downgrade, since the purpose of the setup is that I can just leave this alone on my computer and not touch it, and I'd rather not have to restart the calibre server every time that I make an update to it through calibredb.

Thanks.
MrTyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Connect calibredb to calibre-server to make your changes. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...calibredb.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #3
MrTyton

Right, like I said I've tried that. I did type it wrong when I quoted, I am using --enable-local-write, and I've also tried using the username and password field field. It doesn't show up in the server unless I restart it.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I cannot replicate this. Step I tried

1) calibre-server --enable-local-write
2) Visit http://localhost:8080 in a browser, click the "test library" button to see the books in the library named "test library"
3) calibredb add --with-library "http://localhost:8080/#test_library" -d file.epub
4) Click refresh in the browser
5) Newly added book is visible

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-27-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
MrTyton

I'll post a video later tonight or tomorrow to show.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Follow the steps I outlined instead. If they work for you then you can figure out what it is you are doing different. If not, then post the output from the calibredb command I listed.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
MrTyton

Yes that was going to be included.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #8
MrTyton

I figured out what the problem was. It seems as though if you use a filepath "/home/whatever" then it updates the library but the server doesn't recognize it, but if you use the localhost url then it does both, at least that's what my testing has seemed to show. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #9
Ahnexia
Ahnexia began at the beginning.

Device: None
I am also having a issue figuring out how to use the calibredb command I get the error saying I have to add the --With-library command but even with that I get the same error

Some versions of commands I have tried

calibredb add --with-library “http://localhost:8080/Abel” /home/hydryh/bookstoadd/* --library-path /home/hydryh/Abel

calibredb add -–with-library “http://localhost:8080/Abel” -d /home/hydryh/bookstoadd/*

calibredb add --with-library “http://localhost:8080/Abel” -d test.pdf (added a test pdf in folder)

calibredb –with-library http://localhost:8080/#Abel add /home/hydryh/bookstoadd/*

Command I have been using to run the server was

calibre-server --enable-local-write ~/Abel

Ahnexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do you have the GUI running? That is no longer allowed if you want to use the CLI.
Is there another server already running? (check the process explorer)

edit
Looks like you are on Linux ps-a
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #11
Ahnexia
Ahnexia began at the beginning.

Device: None
Running on a headless server Ubuntu 16.04

Trying to get a cron script to automate adding books that are in a folder while the calibre server is running but I can't seem to figure out the correct command to do it
Ahnexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use regular quotes " not smart quotes.