Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #346
skynet2000
skynet2000 began at the beginning.

Device: gl hd
Please i need a firmware file of de kobo glo hd n437
Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #347
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #348
Dithers
Dithers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O2
Hi. My Glo HD is having a tough time. It has frozen increasingly frequently over the last few weeks. 'Turn it off and turn it on again' worked well until recently. I've tried a factory reset; that worked but the screen-freezes have continued to the point where the poor thing seems bricked. I've tried one last manual factory reset - hold power button and tap lower corners - but this only gets as far as the 'Restoring - Reinitialisation ...' message and freezes.

I don't know whether putting a new image on a fresh SD card will help, but I'd like to give it a go. Could you please send me the link?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #349
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try updating the firmware.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #350
Dithers

Thanks, I have updated firmware, both the auto-update after a factory reset and via the firmware linked from the forum.

Sadly, attempting to update firmware isn't an option at the moment - I can't restart the kobo and even the factory reset appears to hang.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #351
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithers View Post
Thanks, I have updated firmware, both the auto-update after a factory reset and via the firmware linked from the forum.

Sadly, attempting to update firmware isn't an option at the moment - I can't restart the kobo and even the factory reset appears to hang.
PM sent. And from you description, I'd suspect the internal SD card is failing. Restore the image, but if it doesn't work, get a new card. Or just get a new bigger card to hold more books.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:45 PM   #352
Dithers

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. And from you description, I'd suspect the internal SD card is failing. Restore the image, but if it doesn't work, get a new card. Or just get a new bigger card to hold more books.
Thanks for your help. I gave it a go, but I think it's an ex-Glo HD.

I followed the steps for restoring the image to a new SD card and resizing the FAT32 partition. The Glo HD will sometimes start but just won't stay up; usually I just get the double-flash to black and back, sometimes it starts filling in the blocks across the screen, once it reached the wifi setup, and once reached 95% of the way through applying updates (so ran for over 2 whole minutes!), but it always freezes.

I'll miss it desperately. Now, how are we getting on with the new H2O?
Old 06-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #353
brimt88
brimt88 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hello, i have a glo HD

I had made a big mistake i format my SD card .
Can you give me an SD card image ?

Thank for your help
Old 06-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #354
ixs
ixs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I suspect I have a hosed Glo HD reader due to firmware fsckup somewhere.
Did a firmware upgrade via wifi, device is not charging anymore. regardless of cable, charger or anything. but as long as the device is in bootloader control, it is taking charge, only stops once the OS is booting.

Does anyone have a link to the SD image and instructions where to hexedit the serial number for me to try a downgrade that way? thanks.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #355
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@brimt88, ixs: PM sent.

The serial number is starting at offset 0x200 in image. At that offset is "SN-" followed by the thirteen digit serial number.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:47 AM   #356
airenas
airenas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Davidfor, could you drop me the image for Kobo Glo HD?
Thank you in advance.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #357
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #358
Prikkie
Prikkie began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD
Hi David, you saved my day! Thank you, thank you and thank you!
Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #359
dwaltz
dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwaltz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902, Kobo Glo HD
Same issue on my device, can 'anyboody' kindly provide a hint on where to find an image? Many thanks in advance.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #360
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread