Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
So.. is Astak not a member of the Mobile Forums any more?
Some Astak people are members I think but the company is looking for a new product line for eBook Readers I think or a least a new model. I would say they are not dead yet but certainly back burner. They are still supporting products at least.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #17
MaryV
MaryV began at the beginning.

Device: Astak 5" Pocket Pro
Astak eBook

Thanks for the latest update. I enjoyed PHolly indicating her/his reader is wrinkled. So is mine. I was going to get one of the skins that are available to put over it but am not sure how that would work. I will have to look at the Bebook and see how it compares. My reader is still workable and I love it.

Thanks again Harry T and Poly.
MaryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I think of my Wrinkled Blue PEZ as a 'First Edition' - and everybody knows first editions are more valuable

That's better than thinking of it as an x.0 release, which we all know sucks
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I think of my Wrinkled Blue PEZ as a 'First Edition' - and everybody knows first editions are more valuable

I scraped all the wrinkles off long ago. (except for the Round button )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #20
MaryV

Thanks HarryT. It is funny how the BeBook is identical to the Pocket Pro. I will be recommending it. Wish there was a way to get my Pocket Pro case fixed as the wrinkles in it are growing. Do you have the same problem?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryV View Post
Thanks HarryT. It is funny how the BeBook is identical to the Pocket Pro. I will be recommending it. Wish there was a way to get my Pocket Pro case fixed as the wrinkles in it are growing. Do you have the same problem?
I don't have one. I have a BeBook Neo, which is a completely different machine.

The Pocket Pro is made by a company called Jinke in China. It's sold to all sorts of different companies who simply put their own "logo" on it and re-sell it under their own name.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I scraped all the wrinkles off long ago. (except for the Round button )
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryV View Post
Wish there was a way to get my Pocket Pro case fixed as the wrinkles in it are growing. Do you have the same problem?
Well, you can do what theDucks did, or what I did.

My way is easier, I think - unless psychological adjustments are hard for you...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #23
senjoli
senjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle PW, and HD8, Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glow
I still have 2. A 6in and a pocket pro. No wrinkles on either one and I use the pocket pro everyday. Maybe because I have black ones. Is it just me or does the 6in respond faster? I've had it 3 years now and it just works so much better that my PP. The PP fits better in my purse though.

Does any other device allow that many formats?
senjoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #24
MaryV

Astak PP vs 6"

I have a blue PP and it is wrinkling. You are probably right, the black one isn't the same.

I haven't had a chance to try out the 6" but my PP is fast enough for me. I like the idea of being able to download directly to the eReader but I was wondering if you can then transfer the books you want to keep to your computer or another eReader or device? All of mine are on Adobe Reader but if you download directly to your eReader what happens if you want to use the book elsewhere?

Love these though. The PP is just the greatest size and not too hard to hold.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wondering about purchasing wirelessly and downloading directly to your reader without using a computer? As I understand it, the Adobe system uses encryption to tie the book to an Adobe account, with a limit of six devices to one account. As long as the new device uses Adobe's DRM scheme, that book should work if the device is registered to the same account. Others have reported talking to customer service reps at Adobe to get more devices authorized when they've needed more than six.

I also really liked my PP, but you might go look at the Sony 350 while the price is as low as $99.00. They have a gorgeous screen and are as easy to hold as the PP.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 AM   #26
MaryV

Red face PP Astak

Polly thanks for the information. So far I have just downloaded to my computer and then to either mine or my mother's PP. It is really so nice when you can download directly to your reader wirelessly and bypass the computer. Much quicker and easier when on the road, although I usually have more backup books in my eReader than I need for any one trip.

I am not sure if the wireless eReaders use the same format as the Pocket Pro when you download. I'm not that savvy about the process. My Aunt and cousins have Kindles and I know they can't share with my eReader.

I love new technology and seek out the latest version of eReaders, but to be honest I really don't need more than what I have in the PP.

Thanks for taking the time to update me. I may just check out the Sony 350 though. Your help is appreciated.