Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #16
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I have a few...
Attached Files
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - I Burn Today.epub (209.2 KB, 193 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - In the Morning I'll Be Gone.epub (480.0 KB, 185 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Sleeping Dogs.epub (800.1 KB, 213 views)
File Type: epub Jo Moriss (Moejoe or PJ Lyon) - Refill.epub (647.8 KB, 180 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - Suggested Oddities.pdf (513.0 KB, 376 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - Wild Honey.pdf (62.0 KB, 184 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Not So Much a Season.epub (181.6 KB, 197 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - Not So Much a Season.pdf (74.9 KB, 183 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - The Drowned.epub (201.8 KB, 178 views)
File Type: lrf dead-pigeons.lrf (53.9 KB, 179 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Small Victories.epub (270.1 KB, 1515 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - Small Victories.pdf (722.1 KB, 239 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - A Thousand Miles.pdf (85.5 KB, 182 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Telephones.epub (38.2 KB, 184 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - Telephones.pdf (85.2 KB, 195 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - The Accountant Kings.epub (46.2 KB, 194 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - The Accountant Kings.pdf (82.8 KB, 179 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - The Last Parking Lot.epub (30.0 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by dreams; 11-12-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: changed form of attachments
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I downloaded everything in pdf, but I imagine the files can be converted...

edit: well, I thought I had some new files, but Dreams has them all! Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - The Drowned.pdf (56.8 KB, 195 views)
File Type: pdf PJ_Lyon_-_Sleeping_Dogs.pdf (63.8 KB, 194 views)
File Type: pdf PJ_Lyon_-_Wild_Honey.pdf (61.1 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by Verencat; 11-11-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
a few more...
Attached Files
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - This Is Paradise.epub (56.4 KB, 184 views)
File Type: pdf PJ Lyon - This Is Paradise.pdf (83.2 KB, 187 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Hoppersville #1 - Nighthawks (2).epub (437.0 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by dreams; 11-12-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: changed form of attachments
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Thanks Patricia for starting up the thread to collect these orphaned works and those who kept hold of copies. Now comes the next part, which I'm still not sure of how to approach completely.

I want to transfer the copyright of these works over to Mobileread.com in totality. If this isn't possible then I'll be placing them all into the public domain (barring incomplete works like Fat Lady and Hoppersville).

So any lawyers out there know what to do next, I'd be very happy to hear from you. I'm hoping it's just as simple as me saying so, or a simple letter.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't know if there is such an entity. If there's been a company formed to run Mobileread, then that would be it. Otherwise, I think you'd have to give the copyright to whoever's owning/running Mobileread - Alexander Turic I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I want to transfer the copyright of these works over to Mobileread.com in totality. If this isn't possible then I'll be placing them all into the public domain (barring incomplete works like Fat Lady and Hoppersville).

So any lawyers out there know what to do next, I'd be very happy to hear from you. I'm hoping it's just as simple as me saying so, or a simple letter.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I think that all the moderators are touched by Moejoe's extremely generous offer. At the moment, the works are issued under a cc licence. We're very pleased to be able to collect and host them.

(I suspect that I'll be able to tell my - so far hypothetical - granchildren that I knew the famous P J Lyon at the start of his eminent literary career.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I suspect that I'll be able to tell my - so far hypothetical - granchildren that I knew the famous P J Lyon at the start of his eminent literary career.
i'll be telling everyone who will listen to me. i'll probably get a big head about it and start wearing my dark glasses even at night.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Moejoe (P J Lyon) no longer has his his writings. They've been deleted from Feedbooks. But he has kindly given permission for us to collect them.
With the permission of the Author, I expect that feedbooks might be able to recover them all from archived backups, if you asked very nicely.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Some more, different versions...
Attached Files
File Type: mobi PJ Lyon - Midnight in Paris.mobi (62.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Sights a Bird.epub (251.7 KB, 196 views)
File Type: mobi PJ Lyon - Sleeping Dogs.mobi (86.3 KB, 184 views)
File Type: epub PJ Lyon - Suggested Oddities.epub (345.6 KB, 173 views)
File Type: mobi PJ Lyon - Wild Honey.mobi (69.6 KB, 181 views)
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #25
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Here's Refill, by Jo Morriss
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jo_Moriss_-_Refill.pdf (76.0 KB, 243 views)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #26
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I don't know if there is such an entity. If there's been a company formed to run Mobileread, then that would be it. Otherwise, I think you'd have to give the copyright to whoever's owning/running Mobileread - Alexander Turic I think
I believe you're right.

---------------------------

So at this point I hereby as the sole author of the fictional works collected in this thread under the pseudonym PJ Lyon, transfer all copyrights and the rights thereof to Alexander Turic to do with as he sees fit.

PJ

---------------------------

If that doesn't do it, I'll put them into PD
Old 11-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Maybe he'll wait until after the paper versions are released before we can download the ebook versions.................
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #28
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Maybe he'll wait until after the paper versions are released before we can download the ebook versions.................
And at only 3x the paper price! (Mr. King we're looking at you )
Old 11-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #29
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Here's 19 Moejoes in epub, mobi and pdf format (57 files total), in one big zip. Yes, I'm a hoarder ...

Edit: I forgot to mention, the PDFs are formated for a 6" screen ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip P. J. Lyon.zip (6.49 MB, 188 views)

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 11-12-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #30
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Not that I have any of them, but this whole thing intrigues me. What is going on? Why Moejoe why are you intentionally giving up your copyright? Why were the books deleted from Fictionwise? Why don't you have copies/backups yourself?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moejoe