Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
websites for purchasing books

Hi,

I was wondering if there are other websites besides the sony website where I can purchase books for my sony 505. I'm looking at ebooks.com right now and I was just wondering what format I should be looking for. Hopefully this makes sense to you all. I'm pretty new at this.

Kelly
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can get Sony format books from Webscription.net (if you like Sci-Fi) & Fictionwise in their Multi-Format offerings.

You can get ePub format books from Books On Board (& probably some others).

You can get PDF format books from various retailers but results will vary on how they will look. It's usually the least desirable option.

Ebooks.com is useful at times, but beware most books can be found cheaper elsewhere.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if there are other websites besides the sony website where I can purchase books for my sony 505. I'm looking at ebooks.com right now and I was just wondering what format I should be looking for. Hopefully this makes sense to you all. I'm pretty new at this.

Kelly
I'm new to this also but, from what I understand..

The 505 uses lrf and lrx (the DRM'd version of lrf), epub and PDF.

This is all that I have tried so far, although other threads discuss how to convert. I haven't ventured this far yet.

If you check the MobileRead Wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Main_Page under "Quick Links" it lists ebook sites to check. Just make sure you get a version you can use.

MobileRead also has beautifully hand-formatted versions of PD books you can download (lrf and epub)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote