Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 04:54 AM   #1
Solvaring
Solvaring began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Onyx has an old firmware up as current?

I went to check if there was new firmware available for the boox max, the old link of onyx i had bookmarked was dead so i wound up here which looks like their official site

https://onyxboox.com/firmware

The firmware they have up is a version for 2016 and at the beginning of this year i got the version for 1.8.1 off their old page they used to put firmware updates on.

Luckily the thing didn't recognize the update, it wasn't until after looking carefully that I realized what they have up is outdated. the firmware version they have posted is 1.7.5

I think I found a thread on this board about new android 4.4 update for all boox devices but it's unofficial or something? looks like they're marked 1.8.2 as seen here

https://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

Can anyone explain why onyx has old firmware posted as the latest? And has anyone tried this 1.8.2 update?
Solvaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvaring View Post

I think I found a thread on this board about new android 4.4 update for all boox devices but it's unofficial or something? looks like they're marked 1.8.2 as seen here

https://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

Can anyone explain why onyx has old firmware posted as the latest? And has anyone tried this 1.8.2 update?
I installed the 1.8.2 FW update found at the ereader-store.de on my Max and it works fine.

Haven't tried to update to Android 4.4. Others have with mixed results. There's a thread somewhere in this forum if you look for it.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvaring View Post
looks like their official site

https://onyxboox.com/firmware
That is the american reseller. The correct site would be: www.onyx-international.com.
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Solvaring
Solvaring began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
That is the american reseller. The correct site would be: www.onyx-international.com.
thanks!
Solvaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
Mex2.0
Mex2.0 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx i86
Wonder if they ever finish 4.4

I bought my first onyx device back in beginning of 2015 - they already had some beta versions and the promise to finish Android 4.4 version very soon...

But it's still in beta and far - almost three years later...

I am not really expacting anymore, that the update will be finished anytime. Onyx boox max2 is running Android 6.0, maybe new devices will get it too and old devices will stick with 4.0 or with an hard to work with 4.4 beta
Mex2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert