Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
lostsoul
Enthusiast
lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Calibre e book covers

Ok can t get a print out of a book list yet but heres another question that I hope I can do.

I get epub and the convert some into PDF books depending on what looks easyier to read. So I get say 100 books each having covers into calibre but I don t know all of the books so I review; look at each cover all 100 and their are books that I don t want after seeing covers so I delete and save as I go line by line which is very very slow and takes for ever and sometimes an epub download might have 400 books so huge ouchy here; so far ok ?

Can I somehow view covers using calibre or some other ebook software and either review that cover list; either in or out of calibre than get cal to save only those books I have saved ? Hope that makes sense fingers crossed .

That would be a huge speed up in keeping books I want or am I stuck in a cover by cover review; eyeballing them all ? : )
lostsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
In the bottom right corner, you can toggle various views on and off, one of them is the new Cover Grid feature introduced in calibre 1.0 -- see here: http://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/ten
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #3
lostsoul
Enthusiast
lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lostsoul 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Ok all I have in lower right corner is -Hide tab browser- Show cover browser- Hide browser detail and lastly Jobs. Nooo grids so what now hum ?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:07 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

maybe you have a very old version of calibre

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-15-2014 at 12:12 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #5
lostsoul
Enthusiast

Ok so what now still clueless; I never upgrade because after I do calibre only gets harder and harder to use and I don t need that but guess I am forced to upgrade ouchy; so where do I see which version I have and then is it the latest and if not how do I run the upgrade; I assume it just over lays and nooo books are lost ! ?

this won t be fun .
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #6
lostsoul
Enthusiast

is their easyier e book readers to use for printouts and scanning e books cover s might be a whole lot better then using calibre; cal is not using friendly and should a snap to get my books on a better reader; grrrrr why is nothing easy : (
Old 05-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

version # bottom left corner, latest version ==>> http://calibre-ebook.com/download

no you wont lose your library or your settings, but seeing as your at least 6 months out of date (20-30 releases) I recommend you back up your library/ies and your settings before you upgrade - the settings are everything where preferences->miscellaneous->Open calibre configuration directory takes you.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #8
lostsoul
Enthusiast

ok just looked under preferences and theirs no miscellaneous and never backed anything on calibre up so what now is backup needed hum .

backups are never ever easy .
Old 05-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
ok just looked under preferences and theirs no miscellaneous and never backed anything on calibre up so what now is backup needed hum .
When on Preferences scroll down to see Miscellaneous.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #10
lostsoul
Enthusiast

Awww boy will look again
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

backups - just copy the stuff somewhere with your operating system file manager - windows explorer, finder, nautilus whatever. Or dump it on dropbox or on a thumb drive.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #12
lostsoul
Enthusiast

Hahaha found the bloody thing called change calibre preferences so what do I do now ?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 AM   #13
lostsoul
Enthusiast

ok peachy guess I ll just send all ebook and calibre folders I can find to my external hard drive then whats next .