Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-31-2017, 06:10 AM   #721
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Can anybody tell how to use custom fonts like Bookerly, Literata... etc fonts in Onyx Boox i86 HDML Plus ?
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #722
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hello Booxtor, I would like to ask if this A2 feature Will be possible on future firmware updates, or is it possible to do with current firmware? Also is it because of hardware or firmware that i86ml is not responding to devices connected to it? It would be awesome if one could connect things like graphics tablet to do some design while away from pc.
Thanks.

Last edited by Neru; 04-17-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2017, 05:52 AM   #723
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The feature of clicking on the statusbar clock to refresh the page is very warmly welcome (I have been wanting to implement it for a long while),
but - to be more comfortable for those applications which are full-screen - is there a way to tweak the settings of:
-- the delay of the long press of the "right arrow" hardware button to force screen refresh (I was much more comfortable with the shorter delay of the first firmwares);
-- and maybe the auto-refresh of the system in general (say, at the launcher, or at "Android WebViews"), which is sometimes unrequired?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:06 AM   #724
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

4.4 kitkat update for i86

Hi Booxtor,
When will the Android 4.4 kitkat official update be available for Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus ?
Old 04-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #725
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Does anyone know if there is a new version of the i86 in the works?

I know that Onyx is planning on coming out with a variety of new products in the relatively near future, such as a Max2. Would love to know if they are planning on releasing a newer version of the i86.

I would love an 8" device that had both touch and stylus support for note taking as well as a lighted screen.

Should I be saving up my pennies for this or looking elsewhere?
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #726
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Hello Booxtor, I would like to ask if this A2 feature Will be possible on future firmware updates, or is it possible to do with current firmware? Also is it because of hardware or firmware that i86ml is not responding to devices connected to it? It would be awesome if one could connect things like graphics tablet to do some design while away from pc.
Thanks.
A2 mode is I believe standard in all Boox e-readers.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #727
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post

I would love an 8" device that had both touch and stylus support for note taking as well as a lighted screen.

Should I be saving up my pennies for this or looking elsewhere?
I'm completely with you on that! Frustratingly, there aren't even (m)any modern tablets in that form factor with stylus support anymore.

I would be (positively!) surprised to see anything like that from onyx in the near future, unfortunately. I don't have any insider info, but I would assume they would have presented such a device on the trade shows where they showed off the 10.3 device and the Max Carta and the dockable laptop device.

I'm afraid the closest to a small form factor device with stylus in the near future will be the good ereader 6.8, which unfortunately lacks Bluetooth - apart from further reservations one may have about it Maybe by the time that is actually delivered, there'll be something more interesting.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #728
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
I'm afraid the closest to a small form factor device with stylus in the near future will be the good ereader 6.8, which unfortunately lacks Bluetooth - apart from further reservations one may have about it Maybe by the time that is actually delivered, there'll be something more interesting.
Perhaps it's lucky that they are not offering an 8" device. Otherwise I might be sorely tempted despite my various misgivings.

However, I think I will be able to resist the lure of a 6.8" screen until something better comes along. Not enough screen real estate to make it all that useful for note taking or sketching.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #729
kornz
kornz began at the beginning.

Device: i86 plus
I'm just update fw from 1.7.5 to 1.8.2 and there is no status bar on 3rd party web browser.
How could I turn on/off WiFi or back to home screen without terminated the app?

Anyone experience the same issue?
kornz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #730
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornz View Post
I'm just update fw from 1.7.5 to 1.8.2 and there is no status bar on 3rd party web browser.
How could I turn on/off WiFi or back to home screen without terminated the app?

Anyone experience the same issue?
Status bar is by default /hidden/ in /all/ applications with the new firmwares: the toggle option is by long-tapping on the application icon, and selecting to configure these details in the context menu (cannot remember its literal formulation): "enhance contrast", "hide status bar", etc.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:27 AM   #731
kornz
kornz began at the beginning.

Device: i86 plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Status bar is by default /hidden/ in /all/ applications with the new firmwares: the toggle option is by long-tapping on the application icon, and selecting to configure these details in the context menu (cannot remember its literal formulation): "enhance contrast", "hide status bar", etc.
Thank a lot!!!
You save my life
kornz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #732
Ramana
Connoisseur

I tried to install kitkat 4.4 update from ereader-store.de for my Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Got the error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and error dialog box appearing repeatedly. So unable to use the device.
Could anyone please help how to resolve this issue ?
Old 09-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #733
motionmind
motionmind began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramana View Post
I tried to install kitkat 4.4 update from ereader-store.de for my Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Got the error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and error dialog box appearing repeatedly.
I know it's been 2 months without any response on this question, but have you found anything on your own that fixed the problem? Nothing I've tried seems to work.
motionmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:56 AM   #734
Ramana
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionmind View Post
I know it's been 2 months without any response on this question, but have you found anything on your own that fixed the problem? Nothing I've tried seems to work.
I could not resolve the issue. So, I downgraded to 4.0.4 version.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:36 AM   #735
Ramana
Connoisseur

Can anyone tell how to use the oxford English dictionary for kindle to be used in Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus ?