Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #691
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rine111 View Post
Where do you see how much you have left for apps? Under Storage I have total available on Storage and on SD Card. Amount left for apps is not shown separately.
check in your android settings the space used by downloaded apps. There s only about 500MB space for downloaded apps
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #692
frantoo
frantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the roughfrantoo is a jewel in the rough

Device: Icarus Illumina e653, Onyx Boox i86
I did not find it right away either.
It's hidden at (translated from German):

Settings -> Advanced -> Program settings -> manage apps.
On the bottom of that page it says "Internal storage: xxx MB used, XX MB free"

Kind regards, Fran
frantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2016, 04:54 AM   #693
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: large
Quote:
Originally Posted by frantoo View Post
I did not find it right away either.
It's hidden at (translated from German):

Settings -> Advanced -> Program settings -> manage apps.
On the bottom of that page it says "Internal storage: xxx MB used, XX MB free"

Kind regards, Fran

Thanks. Despite the fact that we seem to be on different versions of the software I did find it at the bottom of the list of apps.

The 500mb limit is definitely not an Android thing. I have more than 200 apps on my Galaxy Note 2.

Last edited by rine111; 09-12-2016 at 12:28 PM.
rine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:12 AM   #694
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: large
I have just found a way to reduce the start-up time.

1. On the external SD card move your documents out of the Books folder into a folder with a different name. Make sure that the Books folder is empty. The plan is to use the documents on the external card as a feeder for the Books folder on the device.
2. Keep as few documents as possible in the Books folder on the device. Just copy from the external card the ones you want to use at present.
3. In Home/Settings/User Setting check both 'Only scan Books folder on internal storage' and 'Only scan Books folder on SDCard'.

Now when you start up the device will scan a minimum number of documents before opening. I found it quite a lot quicker.
rine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #695
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Hello, have anyone seen i86ml in stock in Eu? [Edited - MODERATOR] It seems that even on most of chinese shops it's not in stock (there are some but its too much with fees added..)
Anyway, in this chinese forum is shown how video is played on I86ML without refresh but someone replied that screen lifetime is reduced by playing a video on it (I translated with google translator so its not too accurate) is it true? Was that post fasle, because screen lifetime is reduced only by refreshing?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-02-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2016, 08:26 AM   #696
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
i think you can still have one in European Union from

http://e-readerweb.nl/

I got mine from them in july.
As i'm not exactly fluent in dutch :-) i asked in english to the email address
and they helped me place the order.

Nice reader, i still hope we will receive a final android 4.4 update.
Or at least a workaround to the "no lock" issue.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #697
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
i think you can still have one in European Union from

http://e-readerweb.nl/

I got mine from them in july.
As i'm not exactly fluent in dutch :-) i asked in english to the email address
and they helped me place the order.

Nice reader, i still hope we will receive a final android 4.4 update.
Or at least a workaround to the "no lock" issue.
Thanks, I wrote them for the second time yesterday- first time I did 9 days ago but still got no response, I wrote to info@e-readerweb.nl did You wrote to the same email adress?. Also in their website it says that it's not in stock.

Edit: well now 3 days after second mail I can see that they are just ignoring me I guess because I wrote in english. Still can't find anywhere to buy it.

Last edited by Neru; 11-06-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #698
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
I checked their web site and it says i86ML is out of stock.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:22 AM   #699
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The mail i interacted was that said one.
Sorry that is out of stock, i just stepped by the main page before suggesting.
Maybe they were super kind in order to send me the last one, who knows :-)
Old 11-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #700
poppe
poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'poppe can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Onyx Boox i86
disassemble the onyx boox?

My screen got broken.
Has anyone disassembled the onyx box i86?
I was thinking of opening up the i86 check what kind of screen there is inside and exchanging it for a new.
I know there is a service for that but it costs more than half the reader to get it fixed. perhaps I could get it fixed cheaper myself.

Thanks
/Poppe
poppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #701
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,
For the M92, some voltages settings must be done in function of the screen's batch of production. I don't know your device, but could be not so easy as you think it.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:28 AM   #702
Neru
!!!

Hello, does anyone has alternative cover for i86 or knows device with (almost) same dimensions? I've been searching for several hours but it wasn't sucess I've seen few that holds device with straps on corners but it doesn't cover bezel.

Has anyone tried connecting some external devices to i86 like graphic tablet, keyboard or mouse and if yes then what software did You use or what cable? I've tried connecting some devices via usb hub with external power supply but it was no success.

Also thank You underscore for recommending ereaderweb, its in stock again, I got it yesterday (it came in one week!).

Last edited by Neru; 11-21-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #703
Cereal
Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Cereal can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook A10
New Firmware

Hello

Has anyone gotten the new firmware (dubbed 1.7.8 on ereader-store.de and 1.8.0 on onyx-international.com, the files are also different) to work?
Both versions upon rebooting throw an error saying "E-signature verification failed".
I'm not sure if that means the images are corrupted or maybe it's just a signing issue.

EDIT: Never mind, it works now. Somehow had to do with having a microsd card in the slot. I removed it, tried the upgrade again and it worked.

Last edited by Cereal; 12-24-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:20 AM   #704
psychowood
Enthusiast
psychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
EDIT: Never mind, it works now. Somehow had to do with having a microsd card in the slot. I removed it, tried the upgrade again and it worked.
Good to know. It happened to me in the past, too, and I solved it by copying the update.zip directly in the sdcard root and then execute "update from external" from the recovery.

Last edited by psychowood; 01-01-2017 at 11:49 AM.
psychowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 AM   #705
underscore
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
Hello

Has anyone gotten the new firmware (dubbed 1.7.8 on ereader-store.de and 1.8.0 on onyx-international.com, the files are also different) to work?
Both versions upon rebooting throw an error saying "E-signature verification failed".
I'm not sure if that means the images are corrupted or maybe it's just a signing issue.

Which firmware did you installed then?
Any relevant change?
Did they fix the missing 'lock' feature ?