Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #346
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Just put the test SD card back in. This has 912 epubs and 283 PDF on it. Using series for shelves plus a few others, I ended up with 33 pages of shelves. There is a shelf for the epubs (912), the PDFs (283) and five more with over 120 books. The shelf list took about 55 seconds. So, maybe not as much of an improvement as I thought.
I have about 2000 epubs and my biggest shelf is 247 currently ( books with no series) and 48 pages of shelves (476).

When I had the double shelf problem a week or so ago, the shelf opening time was around 4 minutes. But it seem the number of books per shelf is the biggest factor?

I only care a lot when I accidentally open the wrong shelf and have to start all over. Generally I hit the shelf menu and then I turn on the light to see if it is actually doing something as there is no other safe way to tell AFAIK. The shelf menu button color could go black and nothing is happening or stay blank and it is actually doing something. A little whirry busy thingy would be nice but good luck with that there I guess.

When I installed the 2.10 software I kept getting a flash of a cover with only the title displayed in a two box outline then the real cover would show. With 3.0.0 I only get the title and the outlines. When I can actually get it to turn on or when I connect it to the USB port I get the little boxes which I haven't had for months. Then I get an error screen saying it can't read the SD card and to format it to Fat32. Then it goes to the home screen and displays it and I am able to open the book or shelves etc. which seems odd as all of my books are on the SD card which it tells me it cannot read. Damn peculiar.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #347
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.4.2

I have just put up a small update to the Utilities plugin. The changes are:
  • New: Added code needed for internationalization
  • Fix: Issue with format of timestamps in device database. Needed to add timezone info.

As yet, there are no translations. For anyone who is interested in doing this, the default language file can be downloaded from default.po. To do the translations, POEdit is a free tool that seems pretty easy to use. Open it in POEdit, add the translations for your language and send it to me here or by email (my address is in the file).

As always, calibre will notify you of the change in the next hour or so. If there are any problems or suggestion, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #348
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Dear David,
FYI, when trying to store bookmarks with the latest plugin I was surprised to see "Store" renamed "Boutique". I tested it and it seemed to work the same
I have the latest versions of everything (I sideloaded 3.0).
Thanks again for your plugin, regards, anacreon
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #349
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Dear David,
FYI, when trying to store bookmarks with the latest plugin I was surprised to see "Store" renamed "Boutique". I tested it and it seemed to work the same
Wrong type of "store". I put the code in to support translations, but no actual translations. It must be picking this up from calibre.
Quote:
I have the latest versions of everything (I sideloaded 3.0).
Thanks again for your plugin, regards, anacreon
Glad it is working.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #350
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You mean you';re not offering a set of premade bookmarks from your Boutique? I AM disappointed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #351
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I am using the Kobo Utilities plugin to add publisher/date/ISBN metadata to sideloaded epubs. With the latest version 1.4.2 of the plugin I get an error when I use the "update metadata in device library" function to do this:
Code:
calibre, version 1.11.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:not all arguments converted during string formatting

calibre 1.11  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.2.0-4-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-7.2 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.2.0-4-amd64', '#1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', '7.2', '')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 622, in update_metadata
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2613, in _update_metadata
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
Edit: The metadata appears to be updated despite the error, however the date is out by one day: The Calibre metadata shows the published date as 1 Jan 1969 but the metadata on the device shows 31 Dec 1968

Last edited by GeoffR; 11-21-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Kobo Glo, Fw 3.0.0
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #352
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.4.3

Whoops. While I was making the changes for multi-language support, I messed up one of my many debug statements. As it was the last one, the update went through but the completion notice didn't get displayed.

Fixed and 1.4.3 is released with only this change.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #353
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Fixed and 1.4.3 is released with only this change.
Thanks, working now, that was fast
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #354
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The reason it took as long as it did was I had to back out of some other changes before fixing this

And I forgot the comment on the date.

It is a timezone issue. The publishing date in calibre and on the device are both timestamps. And both are timezone aware. I'll have have to think if I can handle this better.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #355
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
I can't make the #koboreadloc (Current Reading Location) column working anymore.

Curiously, it seemed working in past, since I still have some entries that are filled with infos.

This is my column setting:
Lookup name: koboreadloc
Column heading: Current Reading Location
Column type: Text, column shown in the tag browser

And in the "Customize Kobo utilities" window, the "Current Reading Location Column" is set to the related column: #koboreadloc (Current Reading Location)

But when I select a book and use the "Store/Restore Bookmark" function, and select the "Store" option, the column value still void.

The others functions are working properly: koboreadpct, koborating and kobolastread

What I'm doing wrong ? :s
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #356
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

What you have looks correct. And it is working here. I had to test as I don't display the column and I realised I hadn't looked at it for a while.

Could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? That way I can see what is happening. To do this, right-click the preferences button and choose "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart. Connect the ereader and do a store for a couple of books. Then close calibre and post the displayed log. Or send it to me in PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #357
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I just installed the Plugin, and I am looking forward to trying ti out as soon as you update it to support version 3.0.1.

I do have one request. Could you please add an option to delete empty shelves?

Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #358
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have been playing with 3.0.1 this afternoon. There are no changes that I can find that will affect the plugin. But, you will need to select the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the driver configuration. Again, I can't see anything that will affect the function of the drivers.

Deleting the empty shelves shouldn't be needed here. The driver should be doing that. Let me see the log from that before I do anything. But, if I add this as a function, it will just be calling the function that is in the driver.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #359
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I have been playing with 3.0.1 this afternoon. There are no changes that I can find that will affect the plugin. But, you will need to select the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the driver configuration. Again, I can't see anything that will affect the function of the drivers.
It might be because its 3AM here, but I can't find this option. Just options for the Columns and the buttons.

EDIT: Never mind, I was ,looking at the wrong plug-in.

Last edited by kaufman; 11-23-2013 at 03:41 AM.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #360
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm translating the texts in Spanish but I'm going a bit slow. Anyway, I hope to finish it on next week.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities