Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
giri
giri began at the beginning.

Device: none
EPUBs thru Calibre in WP8

I have been looking all over to find the answer to the following questions myself, but I just can´t find conclusive answers. So I´ll post them here. If they are slightly off topic, sorry, but I am new to this. Questions are:

1)I am looking to buy a WP8 phone (Samsung Ativ or Nokia) and I want to make sure I can use Calibre to write epubs from my lib to that device. Is this possible?

2)Also, I would need a WP8 ereader app that reads books locally (=from the device), not from the cloud. Does such an app exist or do I have to convert every EPUB into Amazon format and use Amazon WP8 app?

Thanks in advance.
giri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
No, there's no way to sync files like that to WP phones. What you can do is install Freda (free version) on your phone and then "sync" by using calibre's content server. Freda also has a Windows 8 Modern App.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Dinth
Dinth began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 920
Hmmm i have all my epubs on Skydrive and Legimi ebook reader installed on the phone - it syncs ebooks from Skydrive. Maybe if You could somehow export Your library from Calibre to skydrive folder that could work for You (i dont use Calibre, so im not sure)
Dinth is offline   Reply With Quote