Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #676
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Shakes head in disgust.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #677
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
the difference in helping and sharing.
^^ and This ^^

and the fact that we 'll rather see pigs fly than people who actually never lost lent items with a rarity level close to unobtanium really understand.
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #678
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
DRM and Casual Piracy ... Casual Piracy the "sharing" or "lending" of ebooks.

There is a listed group of those who appear to support the idea that lending or giving
ebook files to others, who do not buy their own ebooks, is not something they would
do. The on topic point being that they are unlikely to be doing much Casual Piracy,
even if they may be removing the DRM.

There are a couple of other posters who seem to be advocating the sharing of ebooks
to "friends"/(muchers) and relatives. Either that, or their posts are simply off topic
expressions of their "Moral"? viewpoint. I'm not sure where these two stand on DRM
but they do seem to be supporting "Casual Piracy". Whereas those they listed are
for practical purposes, at least, somewhat against it.

To my mind that makes those two the "Casual" Pirates that the DRM proponents are
so afraid of, and those of us who just remove the DRM to make our purchases more
useful, as the victims in this scenario.

Luck;
Ken
Old 10-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #679
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I shared books with my brothers since I learned how to read, and then I shared books with my friends. I never worried about the condition of the books because all the people that I know that I interested in reading take good care of books and return them when they are done.

But in your case wouldn't ebooks be independent of the causes that made you worry about lending pbooks?
Yes. But I had a lifetime of not loaning paper books; I haven't unlearned the pattern after a scant year with e-books.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #680
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Sil_lis, the truth is that unlike you and I there are people so worried about "things," even books, that they lose track of the important things, like people, like friends, like relatives. It is a sad commentary on this age of materialism. Very sad.

Their consolation is that even though they don't usually know where the people in their lives went, they certainly know where each and every one of their books is.
Oh please. What a bunch of pretentious, sanctimonious, ridiculous drivel!
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #681
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Moderator Notice
The tone of this thread has shown that there are obviously differing viewpoints, and no one is going to persuade the other that they are wrong. If you are unable to remain polite, it is better to refrain from posting anything. Name-calling is not allowed at MobileRead, nor are references to partisan politics. Neither can serve to move the discussion along in a positive manner.

Posting Guidelines.

Please acknowledge that views do differ, and move on.

The MobileRead Moderation Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Moderator Notice
The continued strife in this thread, after a moderation notice, changes the moderation discussion to include a thread closure. Continued off-original topic discussion, that includes personal attacks on members or political comments, will certainly make the decision easy for us to make.

Please acknowledge that views do differ, and move on.

MobileRead Moderation Team

Moderator Notice

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 10-31-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Closed Thread