Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-21-2024, 09:10 AM   #1
rhsanborn
rhsanborn doesn't litterrhsanborn doesn't litterrhsanborn doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Reading Workflow - Multiple Device Highlighting

Does anyone have a good reading workflow with KOReader?

I read a fair amount of non-fiction and then write notes/Zettels off those books. I want to be able to read a book (somewhat quickly) take highlights and bookmarks, and then export those notes, highlights, and bookmarks to Obsidian or something like Readwise. That makes it easier for me to write notes off of.

My challenge has been doing the reading with multiple devices. I have two rooted Kindles, and an Android device. I can read on any of them.

The answer might be "Kindle does this, just read books in Kindle" but I wanted to see if anyone had a really effective workflow in KO first.

Regards,

Randall
rhsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 09:32 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
KOReader can export highlights to Readwise and some other formats.
They are:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...oplugin/target
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 08:19 AM   #3
rhsanborn

Readwise export is great, I guess I'm curious if anyone else reads on multiple devices and then has a way to integrate all their notes. That could be by keeping them in sync across devices, or exporting them all separately and mushing them together after the fact?
Old 02-10-2024, 12:34 AM   #4
maxiqboy
maxiqboy began at the beginning.

Device: likebook mars
Manually way

Currently, I have to use a manual syncing tool called Syncthing (https://syncthing.net/) to synchronize highlights between my e-reader (Likebook Mars) and my laptop (Ubuntu), both using KoReader.

I sync the Book folder between two devices.
maxiqboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:40 PM   #5
rhsanborn

I've got this running now. Thank you for the recommendation. I kept hitting a wall and it turned out my original paperwhite had a linux kernel that was too old for Syncthing. I got this all running on my Android phone + PW5.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:43 PM   #6
edojan
Enthusiast
edojan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiqboy View Post
Currently, I have to use a manual syncing tool called Syncthing (https://syncthing.net/) to synchronize highlights between my e-reader (Likebook Mars) and my laptop (Ubuntu), both using KoReader.

I sync the Book folder between two devices.
Does this mean that the settings on both devices (screen resolution, font size, etc.) must be identical ? What if you are trying to sync between an android device with a large screen and a Kobo or a phone?
edojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:15 AM   #7
rhsanborn

Android device is my Pixel phone so I can grab a few pages when I'm at a kids sporting practice or sitting in a waiting room, and then get those highlights back onto my main reader, which is a rooted Kindle. I haven't used it a ton, but preliminary testing seems to be working fine. I need to play with it a bit more.