Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
Diegan
Diegan began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke V3
How to get the maximum image size on a DX?

Hi,

I have some american comics I want to read on my kindle DX. The problem is, the comics are bigger in real life than the DX screen, so letters look very small. I've been doing some testing and this is what I've got:

- If I convert the images into a pdf, the size is not good, because kindle manages pdf in such a way that a lot of screen in the sides of the document are empty or with the information bar that counts the pages or whatever. Not nice.

- If I convert the images using Mangle for DX, and then put the images on my kindle, and use fullscreen, the result is a little bigger, but still, there is a little room left, the images could look a little bigger (and when reading comics, every milimeter counts!).

Is there a way to see images that occupy the 100% of the screen, no info bars or empty spaces? I hope mangle dx had more functions, for example setting a custom level of zoom and that zoom to be applied to all the images you are currently browsing.
Diegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I don't have any comics to try on my Kindle DXG, but I used a simple Microsoft Word file and filled a single page with text. I set the paper size to 5.0" wide by 7.4" high and put a 0.0" margin on all sides except he right side I used 0.1", otherwise it clipped the last letter on the right side. I then saved the file as a PDF. See the scrrenshot below. The text pretty much fills up the screen except for appx. 0.2" space around the edges, which I think is a Kindle thing. You can use the same size of paper but add comics instead.

If you experiment with the page size and margins you will probably get a bit more screen coverage.

[EDIT]I created a similar file but with an image.[/EDIT]

Summary for PDF page setup:
  • Page width = 5.0"
  • Page height = 7.4"
  • Top margin = 0.0"
  • Bottom margin = 0.0"
  • Left margin = 0.0"
  • Right margin = 0.1"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-53319.gif
Views:	326
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	56147   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-53320.gif
Views:	342
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	56149  

Last edited by jswinden; 08-04-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Advert