Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 11-24-2003, 12:21 PM   #46
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The book I bought for learning RegEx was from O'Reilly:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regex2/

Highly recommended.

Btw, I haven't been able to check on the NYC channels lately, but did anyone else have a problem? David, did you download the V1.2.0a update of the Web Channel Collection? V1.2.0 had a problem with the NYC channels.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #47
David Hart
David Hart began at the beginning.

Device: 715-685-0110
Alexander,

Thanks for the book idea. I'll certainly check it out. I am using 1.2.0a version so I don't know what the problem is. I think it is possible that it might be wrong just because NYT stories are often long, half aren't multipage so many people may have not decided to go beyond the first page. I wish the NYT would just put all the info on one page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
The book I bought for learning RegEx was from O'Reilly:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/regex2/

Highly recommended.

Btw, I haven't been able to check on the NYC channels lately, but did anyone else have a problem? David, did you download the V1.2.0a update of the Web Channel Collection? V1.2.0 had a problem with the NYC channels.
Advert
Old 11-26-2003, 01:38 PM   #48
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahh.. yes sorry I didn't fully read your first post. The NYT channel was made so that there isnt more than the first page of each article available. The trick is: On the first page of each article there is a link to the "printer friendly" version of the article. Once you click on that, you can read the full article in iSilo. I did it this way so to save space by not downloading the same content twice.

Greets
Old 12-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #49
javabird
Enthusiast
javabird began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T615C
I wasn't able to get this to work at all...could you give a little more info as to how to get this to work? Is the <urltoarticle> supposed to be an absolute or relative URL?
Old 12-04-2003, 02:45 AM   #50
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

java, did you look at the Web Channel Collection V1.2.0a? All the various sections (for which you had to insert <urltoarticle> are already in there, so you only need to do is add your username and password. I think it is described here somewhere else on this forum.
Advert
Old 12-04-2003, 10:41 AM   #51
javabird
Enthusiast
javabird began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T615C
The new channel collection says it requires iSilo v.4, and I'm still using v.3. I don't want to pay for an upgrade right now. I have been using the older channel collection. But I just wanted to figure out how to get the NY Times to work.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #52
mobile
mobile began at the beginning.

Skip web registration

You can bypass NY Times compulsory web registration by using GetLogin.com.