Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
New Firmware, Slow Startup

I have a Kindle 2 and a DX and both have been updated to firmware 2.3.

Since I did this update, both Kindles take a lot longer to start up. If I turn them off and then back on again (not sleep, actually turn off) it takes 5 to 10 minutes for them to boot up again and be ready to read!

Even from sleep they can take a minute or two to start up.

Since I'm seeing this on two Kindles, I have to think it's associated with the firmware. This was not happening before.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
After my DX updated to 2.3 - I've notice a definite lag time when I move between the Home screen into & out of a book. There is a pause after I push the Home button before the screen changes, that wasn't there before the update.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert