Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
Looking for an ebook reader for Library Downloads

I have been looking at the new ebook readers coming out. I currently have the Kindle First Generation Ebook Reader. I plan on keeping it, but I want to download ebooks from my public library that are DRM protected with the following formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Adobe PDF eBook, and Mobipocket eBook. I think the Nook might be a good choice or the new Alex by Spring Design. If anyone has any information on these ebook readers I would appreciate it.
robslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
If you do not choose to remove the drm to allow you to use library books on your Kindle, I would look at the Astak, or Sony ereaders. They both can read DRM'd ebook including those from the Overdrive library service.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
Leep I didn't know you could remove the DRM.
robslp is offline   Reply With Quote