Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
wamblej
wamblej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Books won't index

I have a few books (6) that won't index. I have tried everything from rebooting the kindle, to manually trying to index them. Nothing seems to be working. I have even removed the books, reconverted them to .mobi and then re-transferred them. This is frustrating to me because I am trying to make sure that the battery life on my kindle is good - and I've been told that if it is still indexing then that can drain the battery.
Any tricks for books that won't index? They were originally .lit files that I have converted in calibre (which I have done to many other books that will index).
Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
wamblej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
indexing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamblej View Post
I have a few books (6) that won't index. I have tried everything from rebooting the kindle, to manually trying to index them. Nothing seems to be working. I have even removed the books, reconverted them to .mobi and then re-transferred them. This is frustrating to me because I am trying to make sure that the battery life on my kindle is good - and I've been told that if it is still indexing then that can drain the battery.
Any tricks for books that won't index? They were originally .lit files that I have converted in calibre (which I have done to many other books that will index).
Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Have you checked and changed the metadata, particularly if there are any unnecessary characters in the title or the author and author sort are not in accord with each other? You might also reaccess the metadata from the web and let it overwrite the fields.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
wamblej
wamblej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I checked the metadata and even redownloaded it in Calibre with ISBNs from Amazon... and it still just tries over and over to index it. When I'm in there under "Items not yet indexed" they turn gray like it is indexing, and then it flickers like it is done and the book is still there. And it is the same 6 books all the time. Anything else that could be wrong with the files that would inhibit them from indexing?
wamblej is offline   Reply With Quote