Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Pros and Cons between 2 covers

I'm trying to decide between the M-Edge cover (which one, don't know) and the Mivisu one...anyone have experience with either or both??

BTW, the Mivisu one is harder to find on Amazon (maybe because they mispell "leather" in the link?). Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Design-Leasthe...id=D907EHKBWV9
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I was waiting to see if someone with more first hand knowledge could answer...

From what I've read people are generally very happy with the quality of the M-Edge covers. I loved the pre-eLuminator light M-Edge cover and passed mine on to my mother who loves it. I then bought the version that holds the e-Luminator light for myself. The cover was well again well-made but unfortunately the light was not. They have since pulled the light and are in the process of re-designing. I don't the bulk of the wider spine (designed to accommodate the light), so I've gone back to my original cover until a better light comes out (hopefully soon). M-Edge customer service is outstanding..Even though I bought from Amazon, M-Edge went above and beyond to keep me happy. As soon as they release the new light, I won't hesitate in purchasing another cover/light from them.

From what I have read, the Mivisu covers are ok but do not have the same level of quality (and I know nothing of their customer service). Here is a link I found where quality of Mivisu covers are discussed (although not the same style you are looking at)

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...,10548.50.html

Hope this helps.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #3
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I was waiting to see if someone with more first hand knowledge could answer...

From what I've read people are generally very happy with the quality of the M-Edge covers...From what I have read, the Mivisu covers are ok but do not have the same level of quality (and I know nothing of their customer service). Here is a link I found where quality of Mivisu covers are discussed (although not the same style you are looking at)
http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...,10548.50.html
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for this info - perfect! I guess the Mivizu is a less expensive, get what you pay for cover. I 'm going to try to find more info on the particular one I'm interested in...maybe the different style makes a difference?

Cheers?
BTW, from Boston?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
KathyB
KathyB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I have the M-edge cover and I really like it. I got the one that opens from the bottom and I can set it up tent style when I want to read while eating The Kindle fits to one side so that you have about an inch on the other side to hold it while reading so that you are holding the cover, not the kindle. It took me longer to pick a cover than it did to pick out my first 3 books and I am totally satisfied with this one.
KathyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
I have the M-edge cover and I really like it. I got the one that opens from the bottom and I can set it up tent style when I want to read while eating The Kindle fits to one side so that you have about an inch on the other side to hold it while reading so that you are holding the cover, not the kindle. It took me longer to pick a cover than it did to pick out my first 3 books and I am totally satisfied with this one.
Thanks for the info! One of these days I'll make the decision. I sure haven't come across anyone who has the Mivizu, which might tell me something in itself.
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
rhk
rhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I also have the M-Edge platform cover for my kindle. I love it. I'm still waiting for the e-Luminator light to come out so I can get it. I get a lot of compliments on it.

I don't think the angle to prop it open is good, but I like being able to hold the kindle in either hand when I read as one arm gets tired after a while. I don't think it would be as comfortable if the flap opened to the side.

Mine's gotten scratched, but it's been my fault. I take it with me everywhere - in my purse or backpack. I'd rather it scratch and not the kindle.
rhk is offline   Reply With Quote