Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
BBC Book Reading Challenge Diary

"Chris Loxley, 26, is reading all 17 books on the prestigious Booker Prize longlist in 21 days for BBC Four's Bookered Out show. He is writing a diary of his progress for the BBC News website."

Booker Longlists, Booker Diary, Bookered Out. I'm not quite sure what it's all about, but I'm pretty sure there's a book reading challenge involved.

You can follow his progress at the Booker Diary page at BBC. I like books, but that's a bit much!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the link, Bob.

It amazes me how fast someone can read literature. It takes me usually 2-4 days to read 600 pages of fiction, depending on how absorbed I'm with other things. I think if I had to read that many books (17) in only 21 days, my eyes would go square.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
I WISH I could read that fast. There are far too many books out there for me to get to in the limited time I have. I think if I could read one book a day it still wouldn't be enough (although I'd have fun trying.)
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's amazing when you hear stories about how precious books were in the past. People would save up, or even walk all day just to be able to read a book -- any book! Now we have more than the richest men of a century or two ago, and even a whole library on Gutenberg.org of the best books for free. In much or most of the world, any book on just about any topic you could want can be had for less than a day's wages. And yet very few of us love to read these days! Until recently, I went for many years without reading much unless it was for researching or for work. Now that I'm reading more again, it's such a joy. And with my Treo and ebooks, I can read whenever I have a few moments. I almost look forward to waiting rooms now!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm the opposite, Bob. I'm _always_ reading something, and haven' been "between" books since I was a child. As soon as I finish one, I always have another one waiting, and start it straight away. That's pretty sad, when I step back and look at it

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2005, 02:21 AM   #6
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
This is scary:

Can read, won't read books - Victoria Beckham says she has never read a book in her life. It's a common trait - one in four adults say books aren't for them.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote