Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Problem with News Feeds

I have Calibre installed, and am downloading Chicago Breaking News, Chicago Tribune, Onion, CNN, USA Today and New York Times. I was able to download the news, batch convert and put it on my kindle. Here is my problem - how do I find the time to read all this? Walking the dog and bathing are definately out.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Here is my problem - how do I find the time to read all this? Walking the dog and bathing are definately out.
You could probably hire somebody to walk your dog, and as for bathing, I'd say nothing like reading in a hot bath.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Or you could teach your dog to read and have him/her give you an executive summary.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Or you could teach your dog to read and have him/her give you an executive summary.
could you add "teaching your pet to read so they can give you an executive summary of all your news feeds" to the next version of calibre please ?

maybe as a plug-in.

(should i open a ticket ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
could you add "teaching your pet to read so they can give you an executive summary of all your news feeds" to the next version of calibre please ?

maybe as a plug-in.

It's waiting on the development of an ebook reader for dogs
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's waiting on the development of an ebook reader for dogs
why let technology hold you back ?? you didn't make any silly excuses like that before implementing justified text for epubs !!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
why let technology hold you back ?? you didn't make any silly excuses like that before implementing justified text for epubs !!
Actually, I did wait for it to be supported in ADE, since before that there wasn't much point. Just as would be the case with dogs, I can just imagine all the angry dog mail I would get from disappointed dogs about how I got their hopes up all to be dashed by the lack of a dog reader.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
I'm subscribed to over 50 rss feeds. Now tell me who's the one with a problem here.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Actually, I did wait for it to be supported in ADE, since before that there wasn't much point. Just as would be the case with dogs, I can just imagine all the angry dog mail I would get from disappointed dogs about how I got their hopes up all to be dashed by the lack of a dog reader.
good point. of course, you could just tell them to petition sony...
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

maybe as a plug-in.

Fabulous idea! Please do.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I think she is already trying to post on mobileread. She keeps putting her paw on the computer! So obviously she can read. Since they have a problem with opposable thumbs. maybe a different keyboard.