Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Books on board freebies

These titles have previously been made available free to owners of Kindles and Sonys, but are now available through BoB in most formats.

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...m_house_ebooks
Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
got the email and jumped on them.

Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
They claim they give you reward money too
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
I knew it looked too good... for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
These titles have previously been made available free to owners of Kindles and Sonys, but are now available through BoB in most formats.

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...m_house_ebooks
Karen
Two of those books are books on my list to buy this weekend with the Fictionwise sale, and I've been considering a few others... but this is obviously a better deal, if I used some other format!

All but one of the books is available in eReader (looking good)... but the eReader format is the only one they are charging for.

Looks like I'll be stocking up on MicroPay after all.

The Bandit

Last edited by GntlmnBndt; 12-12-2008 at 10:26 PM.
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
They claim they give you reward money too
It does seem strange that they would give you money to download free books.
Then again I do remember getting about $13 rewards for a $9.95 ebook a few months back.
Anyone tried to claim the rewards dollars for the free downloads yet.
I have already downloaded them from the Sony store but noone can pass up free money
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GntlmnBndt View Post
Two of those books are books on my list to buy this weekend with the Fictionwise sale, and I've been considering a few others... but this is obviously a better deal, if I used some other format!

All but one of the books is available in eReader (looking good)... but the eReader format is the only one they are charging for.

Looks like I'll be stocking up on MicroPay after all.

The Bandit
Cant you download them in MS LIT and then convert them to a readable format
Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've just downloaded the free eBook in MS Reader format and have emailed off for the rewards. If we actually get the rewards, then I'll be able to get a free eBook.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-13-2008 at 08:51 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I downloaded the books, e-mailed off for the rewards dollars, and have just had an e-mail telling me they've been added to my account!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Got the rewards money too - though I did only 4 of the 8 reward eligible books so far since the rest do not interest me .
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
At the bottom of the page is also a 25% off promotion code for all other books by those authors.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #11
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Got all Charlie Huston's books. Supposed to be good stuff.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did get all of thr free eBooks and I have just checked my email and got a message saying I now have $7.21 in rewards. Very nice!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
Virag
Virag began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq handheld, laptop, Sony prs 505, iPhone
I've never done this before. Does it take long for the rewards to show up on your account? I downloaded the books, then took the receipts from my email account and forwarded them to the reward email address. I hope that was correct:>.
Virag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #14
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virag View Post
I've never done this before. Does it take long for the rewards to show up on your account? I downloaded the books, then took the receipts from my email account and forwarded them to the reward email address. I hope that was correct:>.
Yep. That's how it's done.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virag View Post
All I did was forward the email receipt I had received from BooksOnBoard and in about 3 hours, I receive another email saying I had my rewards.