Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Broken Power button

My mother's Glo fell down 4 meters and only broke its power button. For someone whose screens seem to crack at the first break of day, that's quite remarkable. The button on the circuit board is in pieces.

Now in koreader I can reprogram the light button to work as the power button. As the Aura H20 doesn't even have a light button that doesn't seem to be problem.

The problem is my mother. She can work with the Nickel interface, but gets hopelessly distressed when she's using koreader and I am not in the room. Not a nice reading experience.

I could train her to use koreader. However, the bonding during those intense sessions seems to be mainly a negative one. So does anyone know how to reroute those light button press events?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Can you use a magnet to turn on/off the screen just like a cover would? You never really need to turn the power off, just sleep and unsleep.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Can you use a magnet to turn on/off the screen just like a cover would? You never really need to turn the power off, just sleep and unsleep.
Nice one. Forgot about that!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Markismus
Guru

Mum 's as happy as a clam! Thanks.