Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
Should I buy the regular irex or the book edition?

Now I am more confused than before. I need an ereader mainly for pdf files and web reading. Should I buy the regular or the book edtion? If I buy the book edition and the Accessory Bundle, it adds up to almost the same amount of the regular irex.
I am also checking out some umpcs and have my eye on samsung q1. but I read on the web somewhere that the starting time takes 4 minutes. That's really not worth it.
Could anybody give me some idea as what to do? Thank you very much.
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Between the two iRex models, I would say get the V2. For the $100/€100 difference I think it would be worth it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
pathfinderca
Connoisseur

Do you mean the regular one with the wifi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Between the two iRex models, I would say get the V2. For the $100/€100 difference I think it would be worth it.

BOb

That's what I've been thinking. Thank you. But on the other hand, the battery for the book edition lasts longer, does it?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinderca View Post
That's what I've been thinking. Thank you. But on the other hand, the battery for the book edition lasts longer, does it?
Without the wifi it should last a bit longer I would think. It has all of the V2 upgrade features. It will be interesting if a USB wifi could be added to it but we'll have to wait and see I expect. The firmware is likely to have the support for wifi still in it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
pathfinderca
Connoisseur

Thank you, DaleDe for your kind answer. Maybe I'll just go ahead and .... I really don't what to buy now.
Advert
Old 05-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinderca View Post
Don't know... don't have one. But, I would expect you can turn off the WiFi radio and get the same battery life change.

The other point would be that I've heard the V2 has a nice rubberized finish while the BE has a slick metal feel.

Your talking about $.09 a day if you have the device for 3 years.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote