Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Séidheag
Séidheag began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Newbie - Calibre -->Kobo Touch - Where are my books?

Hi folks,

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. I'm running Calibre on a mac. Have connected a new Kobo Touch. I've added books to Calibre. Sent same to device, main memory. When viewing device, I see that all books appear to be on device.

When device is ejected, how to I access/read them on the Kobo. I can't seem to actually locate them. The Kobo Touch library says that it is empty.

Help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Séidheag
Séidheag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Séidheag

Ran in debug mode:
calibre Debug log
calibre 1.14 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-10.8.0-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '10.8.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.6.8', ('', '', ''), 'i386')
Starting up...
Started up in 16.83 seconds with 29 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='/Volumes/KOBOeReader/'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Touch
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 1, 6) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 0, 1) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'', False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, u'']
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=29
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 0.1 Database Version=92
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: []
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)) ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.1 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.1 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'carda', but do not have one!
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
Advert
Old 12-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Is the date / time set correctly on the Kobo?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Séidheag: A couple of things:

- Can you check the books have been copied to the device? When it is connected, have a look at the drive it is presented as and check for the books. Unless you have changed the send template, there will be a directory for each author with the books inside it. If you have changed the template, what did you use?

- When you disconnected, did the Touch show a "processing" screen? This is a black screen that says something about processing books and shows a progress bar as it goes. When this is displayed the details the books are being added to the internal database. This database is used to display the lists of books. If it wasn't displayed, the device didn't see the books for some reason. If it was displayed, it suggest there is a book the device couldn't process for some reason. When this happens it stops processing for other books as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
Séidheag

All fixed!!!!

Date and time is set correctly.

I don't think I recall seeing the processing screen before. I plugged in the kobo again, ejected it from finder. When I then disconnected the cord, the processing screen popped up and all the books are there in the library.

Many thanks for taking the time to read/respond to my issue. I'm very excited to have the kobo set up to enjoy now.

All the best!
Advert