Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
Calibre Reader - page turns

Forgive me if this has been asked, I am not quite sure how to explain the issue and so my search has been fruitless.

Basically, I like to use the Calibre reader in the two-page layout. I have customized the margins and fonts to my liking but I cannot stand reading with the program because of the page turns.

When I go to the next page, instead of showing two new pages as a book (or any other ebook software I've used), Calibre simply shuffles the pages over one page to left. Meaning that the last page I read which would have been the right column becomes the left column and I only have one new "page" of text instead of two.

Meaning I have to continually hit the -> arrow twice to simulate the a book layout in which I would merely turn the page.

Does this make sense? Is this behaviour customizable?
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Use the space bar instead of the arrow keys. By design the arrow keys advance only one column at a time. Up being the same as left and down the same as right. The Pg Dn key works the same as the space bar advancing forward two columns, while Pg Up go backward two columns. It annoyed me also until i understood its behaviour. This setting is located by opening the viewer then click on preferences and go to keyboard shortcuts.

Last edited by ParadiseLost; 04-17-2013 at 07:24 PM.
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert