Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #46
Izzlazz
Izzlazz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Lightbulb

My tts folder has gone missing as well. I would really appreciate it if someone could hook me up with a copy.

UPDATE:
I managed to restore my tts files. Here's a recipe for others in the same situation:
  1. Download the Kindle 5.0.0 data recovery image from:
    Link deleted by moderator
  2. Extract the contents of the recovery image using KindleTool, which can be downloaded from here:
    https://github.com/yifanlu/KindleTool/downloads
    This produces a data.tar.gz file containing the default dictionaries and the tts files.
  3. Unpack the contents of the data.tar.gz file and copy the tts folder to your Kindle.

That's it. If you follow these simple steps you will soon have functional tts again.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-09-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Found solution to problem
Old 05-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #47
szkukalekgyozo
szkukalekgyozo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch 5.1.0
Unhappy same accident

Would it be possible for someone kind person to upload their tts folder and send me a PM with the link? Thank you very much!
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #48
szkukalekgyozo
szkukalekgyozo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch 5.1.0
Dear Izzlazz,

I couldn't copy you. I tried, but the KindleTool dosen't want to work.
Please-please send me folder folder in PM.
Thank you!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #49
ctskim
ctskim began at the beginning.

I made the same mistake can someone please pm me the link for the TTS files. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #50
ctskim
ctskim began at the beginning.

A million to ixtab
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
A reminder yet again. Please do NOT post links to copyrighted software, such as Kindle ROM images. This is a copyright violation.

Thank you.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #52
BMaina
BMaina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Can some please Pm me the link for TTS files as well,

Thanks in advance
Old 06-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #53
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A reminder yet again. Please do NOT post links to copyrighted software, such as Kindle ROM images. This is a copyright violation.

Thank you.
Thanks for the reminder, Harry... But no links to copyrighted files have ever been posted in this thread, and most probably never will be.

EDIT: Oh... my bad. I just checked the thread and realized that there had been a few interventions already, so my claims are plain wrong. Sorry... Nevertheless, I think that the message below still holds (now).

It is an unfortunate fact that Amazon made it much too easy to delete the TTS files on the KT, and this thread is a logical consequence.

The workaround to fix Amazon's mistake, without violating their rights, is to help people individually (outside of this thread), and this is precisely what is happening.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-16-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #54
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
If the kindle has trouble mounting the "USB Drive" partition, the startup scripts reformat it and repopulate it from /opt. Does it replace the TTS files in that case, or do they just go missing? I suspect they go missing, because if they were in /opt to begin with, they would not need to be on the USB Drive where they CAN get accidentally deleted.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #55
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
If the kindle has trouble mounting the "USB Drive" partition, the startup scripts reformat it and repopulate it from /opt. Does it replace the TTS files in that case, or do they just go missing? I suspect they go missing, because if they were in /opt to begin with, they would not need to be on the USB Drive where they CAN get accidentally deleted.
They go missing - definitely. I had to re-copy them to the device from a backup more than once. If you factory-reset a KT that is in (whichever) bad shape, from my experience, TTS won't work, until you copy all of the files to the drive again AND perform ANOTHER factory reset. Weird shit.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #56
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
They go missing - definitely. I had to re-copy them to the device from a backup more than once. If you factory-reset a KT that is in (whichever) bad shape, from my experience, TTS won't work, until you copy all of the files to the drive again AND perform ANOTHER factory reset. Weird shit.
It would have been MUCH better to allocate some of the USB drive partition to the main boot partition when they designed the mmc layout, so the TTS files would fit on root (where they belong) instead of on the USB drive where they can be deleted by the end user.

It makes little sense for amazon to put SYSTEM files on the USER partition. Just asking for trouble, IMHO.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #57
drvillar
drvillar began at the beginning.

hi, i accidentally deleted my kindle touch tts folder...please will you send me the tts folder by PM
many thanks
Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #58
Jehndy
Jehndy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need your share

Please can you send me the link as well I am facing the same problems as yours?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #59
cmm4kc
cmm4kc began at the beginning.

In need of tts

Anyone kind enough to send me the tts folder? Many thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #60
Thiws87
Thiws87 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I made the same mistake, deleted TTS folder! Can't find those files to be replaced! already made extensive research on google and can't find anything! Can someone please pm me the link for the TTS files?! Thx in advance!!
Closed Thread