Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #1816
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool as it should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Maybe there are all off reading somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yes! Thats it!!
Ahh...when you put it like that I suppose things are as they should be.

Last edited by alansplace; 03-26-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #1817
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Yep! Currently reading Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers #8) by C.E. Murphy.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #1818
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Walker Papers by C.E. Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Yep! Currently reading Mountain Echoes (Walker Papers #8) by C.E. Murphy.
Wow, you're pretty far along in the series! I read Urban Shaman (because I found the title quite intriguing and the writer's background also quite intriguing) but found the actual book contents to be very difficult for me to understand a lot of it. So I haven't gone back, at least yet!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #1819
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I've got a HUGE TBR pile sitting, half a dozen started but not finished, tons of stuff to do in the next couple of weeks and I don't care.
Just started Storm Front again (for the eighth time). Ahhhhhhhh.
Here's to old friends and comfort food for the mind!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #1820
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Wow, you're pretty far along in the series! I read Urban Shaman (because I found the title quite intriguing and the writer's background also quite intriguing) but found the actual book contents to be very difficult for me to understand a lot of it. So I haven't gone back, at least yet!

I definitely prefer when the main character interacts in the real world, and not the dream world or shaman spiritual world. I like that she slowly discovers her magic over the series, even though that magic system is not well defined, and the supporting characters and storylines are fun. I wouldn't put it at the top of my favourite series list, but somewhere in the middle. I did prefer her Negotiator/Old Races Series.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #1821
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Quote:
Yes! Thats it!!
Quote:
Ahh...when you put it like that I suppose things are as they should be.

I'm currently reading about correctly embedding google calendars and maps into responsive web pages. Duzzat count?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #1822
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm currently reading about correctly embedding google calendars and maps into responsive web pages. Duzzat count?
Seeing as the above comment contains the word "reading", I say: Yes it does!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #1823
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool contains the word "reading",

Quote:
Seeing as the above comment contains the word "reading", I say: Yes it does!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #1824
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

Look who's agreeing with who, now!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #1825
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool you're right

Quote:
Look who's agreeing with who, now!
When you're right, you're RIGHT!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #1826
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The James Potter series by G. Norman Lippert

The first two James Potter books are now available on Amazon.com!
James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing [Kindle Edition]
James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper [Kindle Edition]

Old 03-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #1827
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Chargeable purchases, too - that's very interesting. I would imagine that Mr. Lippert has reached some sort of deal with Ms. Rowling for this. Many authors are happy to turn a blind eye to fan-fiction, but when it's commercially sold, that's a different kettle of fish entirely.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #1828
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The James Potter series by G. Norman Lippert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Chargeable purchases, too - that's very interesting. I would imagine that Mr. Lippert has reached some sort of deal with Ms. Rowling for this. Many authors are happy to turn a blind eye to fan-fiction, but when it's commercially sold, that's a different kettle of fish entirely.
Yeah, really quite interesting. I tried to find a news item that might explain the situation, but have come up empty so far. It makes me wonder if it's not related in some way to the Spring release of the 4th book, James Potter and the Morrigan Web? Also it seems a bit odd that the 3rd book is not yet for sale on Amazon?

Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #1829
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I just started Codex Alera....finally! Getting my Jim Butcher fix. Hopefully I won't go as nuts and read every book back to back like I did with Harry.

I was just looking up a city in Ontario and saw that we have a Dresden, Ontario

Last edited by Pookeysgirl; 03-27-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #1830
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Codex Alera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I just started Codex Alera....finally! Getting my Jim Butcher fix. Hopefully I won't go as nuts and read every book back to back like I did with Harry.
That's pretty much how read Codex Alera. I really wasn't interested in reading in that kind of fantasy genre, but it was by Jim Butcher so I tried it, and the story and characters just grabbed me and wouldn't let me go and pretty soon I'd read all 6 books!

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy