Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Confessions of a book addict

I have been reading before I started grade school. Since then I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and now i have a huge library at home in my basement that takes up one wall of the basement. My mrs says that the books were massing for a take over of first the basement then the entire home. I probably have somewhere in the order of 4,000 books down there that I have read a few times over the years. I have an electronic book reader (first a libra pro, then my employer's blackberry) out of necessity since the books are so numerous they wasn't going to be anyplace to live within the next four years in my home at the rate I was going. So electronic books have saved me from myself.

I am a compulsive reader, I have no choice in the matter I have to read and I do it at every chance that I can get. I have been spotted with my nose in a book in unusual place (walking through the neighborhood, years ago attempting to do that while feeding my new born son, i still wonder if I could have managed to do that.) I feel compelled to read and I get very anxious if I don't do it. Frequently I can't sleep if I don't read. I am compelled to read, I have no choice in the matter. Now with my electronic reader I do not ever have to be without a book on me at all times (Something that has eased my troubled mind a lot.) I wonder if there is an alcoholics support group if there is a support group for compulsive readers, I would be a charter member.

Some say confession is good for the soul, there I have confessed. More to come latter.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-12-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added extra "d" to adict
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Previous thread with suggestions for help program...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138205
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well it seems that you are not just a book addict, you are also a fast reader. One can be addicted to reading and not read as much as you do.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote