Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
To restore the annotations of PDF?

Hello,
I had moved a PDF file with its 'metadata.db' to another folder because I heard that the annotations data is stored in the 'metadata.db'. But I found it out that all of the annotations of the PDF files was lost. Moving the PDF file with its 'metadata.db' didn't work.. If I move some PDF file to another folder, it seems that the annotations just get lost. I could never expect this situation..

In this case, is there no way to restore the annotations of the PDF file?

Now I see that I should merge a PDF file with its annotations, using Xournal, previously.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I would also expect that this should work. If I remember well the local metadata files do not contains any information about their location, only information of local files.

If the information is really valuable for you I can try if I can still extract it. For this to work the annotations must still be in the metadata file, if they are removed I also can not restore them. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I would also expect that this should work. If I remember well the local metadata files do not contains any information about their location, only information of local files.

If the information is really valuable for you I can try if I can still extract it. For this to work the annotations must still be in the metadata file, if they are removed I also can not restore them. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Thanks Mackx! It's so kind of you that..
Luckily, in this case, there wasn't much annotations of the PDF file..
This case just teached me that I should merge them previously with Xournal just like I backup!
Anyway, thanks again!
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote