Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Cybook ebooks firmware capabilities

Hi,
is there a place where the capabilities of the firmware wrt ebooks metadata are listed ?
What I would like to know is, for example, where the directory software (??) gets its data for html and pdf (cover pic, author, title etc.).
I know there is a file .t2b attached to the original file and a .dat for pdf.
Where can I find this kind of information ? The Booken site or some other threads ?
What I would like to do is to have an omogenous display of my ebooks, whatever the format, I know how to mod the .prc/.mobi, but I don't understand what can be done with the others (.pdf in particular, the others can simply be converted to .prc)
Thanks in advance
Bruno

brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone
I'm sorry I don't know about your question, but my firmware is 820. Idk if this is new (I just received it yesterday) but I thought I'd let you guys know.
Badandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
If you want to have some fancy thumbnail on your Cybook you should have a look at ashalan's great CyThumbCreator!
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for that. The current firmware available for older machines is 796. 802 was the previously newest firmware I'd heard about.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cybo...mware_Versions

Hopefully we'll all get a significant update early in the new year.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
I'm sorry I don't know about your question, but my firmware is 820. Idk if this is new (I just received it yesterday) but I thought I'd let you guys know.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi Badandy

Are you shure your firmware is 820?
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
Badandy
Connoisseur
Badandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blueBadandy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I just double checked. Version 1.2 Build 820. If there is anything you guys want me to check I'll gladly do it.

There are no page numbers yet for anyone who was wondering...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There never will be working page numbers unless Mobipocket fixes that bug. So don't hold your breath for working page numbers with any Mobipocket reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:18 AM   #8
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hum it looks to be a jump since the last one known 802.

Probably what you have got is minor bugs/increment of speed and stability in your version, but… any ePub ability of reading and or PDF reflow?...
As I say, probably not, but one never knows…
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There never will be working page numbers unless Mobipocket fixes that bug. So don't hold your breath for working page numbers with any Mobipocket reader.
We will be happy if the page numbers are displayed. Inaccurate numbera are much better than no numbers at all.

FBReader have working page numbers and I see no difficulty for Bookeen in implementing such working page numbers.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:28 AM   #10
Badandy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
We will be happy if the page numbers are displayed. Inaccurate numbera are much better than no numbers at all.
Having been reading for the past full day I have not missed page numbers one bit. The progress bar seems far better an indicator of how far you are than inaccurate and ever-changing page numbers.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:41 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
Having been reading for the past full day I have not missed page numbers one bit. The progress bar seems far better an indicator of how far you are than inaccurate and ever-changing page numbers.
Well, it is not an indicator att all of how far you are since you do not know the length of the book. Also especially for short stories in html format you get an offset (you do not start reading at 0 progressbar) so then it does not work at all accurately (page numbers would have worked better in that case).

Maybe just displaying the thing they use to measure how long the progress bar is would be a simple solution.

Last edited by tompe; 12-23-2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Removed statement that was wrong...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

According to bookeen pagenumbers are planned on the "goto-page"-dialog with the next update, if you really want to know, you can then alway check on that dialog
Old 12-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
According to bookeen pagenumbers are planned on the "goto-page"-dialog with the next update, if you really want to know, you can then alway check on that dialog
Not quite sure what you mean.....(or are you just being.........ahum.... a little bit sarcastic... )........ There are already page numbers on the go-to-page dialog..... If you want to know how many pages the book has (approximately), the go-to-page dialog is the only place where you can see that. If they just would put that number on the status bar also, the whole page number-question would be so much better handled.

Last edited by ErwinOtten; 12-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
There are already page numbers on the go-to-page dialog...
There's only how many pages the Cybook thinks the book has. What's missing is, at least, which page the Cybook thinks it is at.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
Pulp
Palm Addict

No, no sarcasm - the idea was to display the current pagenumber together with the total so that you can see where you currently are - and bookeen wanted to add that.