Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
diff between orig source and kindle version for reference.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #17
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Eboard 0.4

Hello again!
A new version of Eboard chess for Kindle Touch is available on my webpage.
It corrects bug preventing opening/saving PGN files and another bug regarding displaying/editing engine bookmarks.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
baf

thanks!!
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
schachlied
schachlied began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.1
Hello. I know this is likely not the right thread to post this. But it seems you guys know what you're talking about and perhaps you can direct me on the right direction. I'm not computer savvy, but I can play chess (>2200 at one time). I'm looking for a pain-free way to be able to download and use a pgn chess file on my old Kindle 3.1. What I'm trying to do is study the old-fashioned way with a set and board, and use my kindle like a real book...or similar to printing a few pages of pgn text file. I'm trying to be eco-friendly. If it shows diagrams (i.e, annotated pgn games), that's even better. But my main quest is how to read pure pgn text on my Kindle 3.1. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
schachlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachlied View Post
But my main quest is how to read pure pgn text on my Kindle 3.1.
PGN files are normal plain text files, thus should be readable on Kindle. Just change .pgn extension to .txt.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachlied View Post
Hello. I know this is likely not the right thread to post this. But it seems you guys know what you're talking about and perhaps you can direct me on the right direction. I'm not computer savvy, but I can play chess (>2200 at one time). I'm looking for a pain-free way to be able to download and use a pgn chess file on my old Kindle 3.1. What I'm trying to do is study the old-fashioned way with a set and board, and use my kindle like a real book...or similar to printing a few pages of pgn text file. I'm trying to be eco-friendly. If it shows diagrams (i.e, annotated pgn games), that's even better. But my main quest is how to read pure pgn text on my Kindle 3.1. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
if you were computer savvy there is an extension that uses curl to monitor downloads. properly configured I feel certain that could pull down a pgn and open it in a relevant editor (possibly also just rename the file, inject into Documents folder and then run the lipc updateIndex code)

In the absence of this knowledge.

get pgn file.
rename to whatever.txt
drop in kindle Documents folder via USB
(if the document doesn't show up try CNTRL Left Shift+Z, or something)

hope that sorts it for you
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #22
baf
Evangelist

Eboard 0.5

New version of Eboard is available on my webpage.
It fixes bug preventing p2p games between two eboard users.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #23
twobob

solid work on this series baf. nice one

Come to the dark side... Do a FPS
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #24
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
solid work on this series baf. nice one

Come to the dark side... Do a FPS
thanks! i am waiting for your doom
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Chess does not open

Hi,

I have a little problem.
I moved the Eboard Chess folder into the extensions folder, restarted the Kindle and you can see the new entry but if you click on it the chess does not open.

Have anyone an idea what could I do?

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #26
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
thanks! i am waiting for your doom
Hmm. well hit upon two shortcomings in that endeavour.

a) the tslib does not appear to be handled as expected

b) I still haven't figured out how to add a dithered target to SDL.

Other than that I now have a working version.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #27
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagerfahrer View Post
I moved the Eboard Chess folder into the extensions folder, restarted the Kindle and you can see the new entry but if you click on it the chess does not open.
You could try to ssh into your kindle, go to extensions/eboard/bin folder and start eboard.sh script from there. It may give some output, a reason for failing.
Code:
cd /mnt/us/extensions/eboard/bin
./eboard.sh
What is your firmware version?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #28
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mhhh... i unziped and moved to fast that not all files and folders moved with it because the bin folder was missing.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Mhhh... i unziped and moved to fast that not all files and folders moved with it because the bin folder was missing.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
The "safely remove device" on Windows and similar command on other OSs should not have returned until the USB file system was updated.
Let me guess, you didn't do that to ensure that all file operations had completed before pulling the plug.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #30
twobob

Quote:

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
heh. yeah. the other day I moved a bunch of files using a slackware system and somehow managed to get all 0 byte files

That was a teaser for a while too : )

It went a bit like this:
why doesn't myTs work??? sigh, shout, prod, search... ah. total garbage
: D hehehe.

you're not alone.

Tags
launcher add-ons