Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #766
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Created one by Google translator. This is much better.

(Türkçe karakterleri düzelttim)
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (11.4 KB, 400 views)
File Type: txt Italian.txt (12.8 KB, 257 views)
File Type: txt Turkish.txt (11.5 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by thomass; 08-01-2011 at 07:04 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #767
whitedirewolf
E-ink Lover
whitedirewolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've now read through the posts here on MobileRead and also the translated version of doukan.com, and from my understanding it seems like Doukan Lite still only supports .txt and PDF at this time. Is this correct? If yes, does anyone know when ePub support is planned?

Thank you for your help
whitedirewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #768
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedirewolf View Post
Is this correct?
yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedirewolf View Post
If yes, does anyone know when ePub support is planned?
I don't know the exact time.However, they add formats one by one, and I think ePub is probably the first format in the queue.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #769
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Hello. I have been using Doukan for the last two months to read PDFs in my DXG and it's great. However, I'm wondering if I can change two things:

1- Is there any way that Doukan shows the medatada of PDFs and not just the "name" of the file? The author information doesn't appear.

2- Is it possible to change the font in the Home Screen? I change the font through Setting and it changes in the menus, but in the Home it is still the same and it is too big. Any clue?
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #770
thomass
Wizard

Lite0730.709.1113.rtm released:
Quote:
(http://translate.googleusercontent.c...sjzflxls4FeWiA)This week update:

New features:
Latin input method support
English support user-defined fonts
The columns support PDF reading, the user can choose the order of columns and column points page.
In the "Book Information" interface, add a label showcase page

Improvements:
Enhance the system automatically updates the security upgrade.
Optimize the system automatically updates the user experience when upgrading the operating process more smooth.
Optimize the Kindle 3 --- 3.2.1 version upgrade package advertising to make the upgrade process more smoothly.
Optimize the UE / UI design.

Fix the problem:
When users add their own fonts, without having to restart to display.

Warm Tips:
Next Monday will release automatically update, you can use the system update feature to automatically update the latest software packages to look at Lite upgrade.

Last edited by thomass; 07-30-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #771
thomass
Wizard

Lite0805.745.1173.rtm released:
Quote:
This week update:
New features:
Support the EPUB format.
Support cross-screen display PDF
English support system interface (available in the system settings to choose)

Improvements:
Abolition of the "system default label" function.
When the book failed to open the system prompt, automatically disappear after 3 seconds. (Cue the user can press any key to disappear)
Optimize the sorting function. The system will choose the user to sort, students become the default sort order.
Optimize the UI design.

Fix the problem:
Traditional fixed display problems when missing word.

it includes English.txt by default. However some of the text is not translated. I translated it with Google translator: (you can easily build for your own language with Kitap1.xls.txt (firstly remove ".txt" part from the file name))
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (12.3 KB, 717 views)
File Type: txt Turkish.txt (12.9 KB, 392 views)
File Type: txt Kitap1.xls.txt (80.5 KB, 356 views)

Last edited by thomass; 09-06-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #772
wolfchimneyrock
wolfchimneyrock began at the beginning.

Device: kindle k3 3G/wifi
better way to switch between kindle framework and duokan lite?

Hi, I have just received my kindle 3 and am new to the e-book experience but not new to linux. I have installed the jailbreak, usbnetwork, luigi's terminal, and this most recent 0805 duokan lite.
what bothers me is the transition speed between kindle and duokan with the launchpad keystrokes that I have found online. They all seem to take way too much time to switch between the two, because they rely on killing the previous and starting from scratch every time you switch. so I try something like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by startdk.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
dk=$(ps -e | grep -c 'KindleApp')
if test $dk -gt 0
then
killall -CONT KindleApp
else
mntroot rw
/test/DKLite/KindleApp >/dev/null 2>/dev/null &
fi 
killall -STOP cvm
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdk.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall -STOP KindleApp
killall -CONT cvm
and it works, switching is instantaneous, except for when I actually try to read an ebook on duokan, the display freezes and the duokan process dies. I suspect when I launch it this way I am missing something important in the normal duokan startup process. Any ideas?
wolfchimneyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #773
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfchimneyrock View Post
switching is instantaneous
hey, this is good news
Quote:
, except for when...
please keep working. It would be great to use Kindle with quick switching.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #774
wolfchimneyrock

I have got it working, at least on my kindle. I found where duokan lite sets the environment variables that it needs. I have only really tried running it from kindle startup ('Z' on duokan boot menu)

put the two .sh files into /mnt/us/DK_System, or just DK_System from the root of the usb accessible folder.

the included launchpad.ini has:
D S as switch to duokan
D X as switch to kindle
D Z as kill duokan (for a restart)
A F as restart kindle

See attached zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DK_quickswitch.zip (2.8 KB, 224 views)
Old 08-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #775
csmint
csmint began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, Kindle DXG, Kindle Paperwhite
Is there a place to post bug reports? My screensaver will turn off randomly and display the page I am reading instead, but none of the buttons work because I believe the kindle still thinks it is in screensaver mode. Sometimes after about 7-10 page turns the words will start to run together and will be pretty illegible: the fix to this is to adjust the font size or layout to another and return it back to whatever setting you want and it will become clean again. Also upon fresh restart it goes back to chinese menus instead of english. Is anybody else having these problems?
csmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #776
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
I am trying to install Duokan lite but I am having problem on my Kindle3. I had been using Duokan. I downloaded the release released yesterday (as posted above). Ran the Jailbreak and installed the Launchpad. Then I removed the old Dk_System folder and replaced in its place the DK_System folder from the Lite0805.745.1173.rtm release. After this I ran the update but it failed.

I am sure I have made an error somewhere. Can anyone help me sort this out. Thanks.
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #777
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidbhurgri View Post
Ran the Jailbreak and installed the Launchpad. Then I removed the old Dk_System folder and replaced in ...
Firstly uninstall all the hacks including jailbreak, install Dlite, then hacks.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #778
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmint View Post
Is there a place to post bug reports?
http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-16547-1-1.html

http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-16541-1-1.html
Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #779
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I have got it working, at least on my kindle. I found where duokan lite sets the environment variables that it needs. I have only really tried running it from kindle startup ('Z' on duokan boot menu)

put the two .sh files into /mnt/us/DK_System, or just DK_System from the root of the usb accessible folder.

the included launchpad.ini has:
D S as switch to duokan
D X as switch to kindle
D Z as kill duokan (for a restart)
A F as restart kindle

See attached zip file.

Thanks. It works as expected. However there is a minor issue. Sometimes, after switching from Duokan to Kindle it doesn't refresh.(screen displays last image from the Duokan session until pressing home or Alt+z to refresh) If you can fix this , it would be perfect. Thanks anyway...

Edit: There is a major issue about this switches. When I switch to Doukan, Kindle still accepts input! you can check this by switching to Dk, then pressing menu, then ^D S to switch to Kindle. You can see that menu is opened on this OS too.

Last edited by thomass; 08-07-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #780
wolfchimneyrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post

Thanks. It works as expected. However there is a minor issue. Sometimes, after switching from Duokan to Kindle it doesn't refresh.(screen displays last image from the Duokan session until pressing home or Alt+z to refresh) If you can fix this , it would be perfect. Thanks anyway...

Edit: There is a major issue about this switches. When I switch to Doukan, Kindle still accepts input! you can check this by switching to Dk, then pressing menu, then ^D S to switch to Kindle. You can see that menu is opened on this OS too.
I have updated it with screen refreshes and a debug printout ... let me know how this works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DK_quickswitch-110807.zip (3.1 KB, 198 views)