Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #181
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
But immortality must be rather boring.
With all these books to read? Never!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #182
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
at least immortality won't make me fatter than i already am from reading
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #183
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Oh dear I have fallen off the wagon! I bought an ebook today, but it's ok because it's I need the book for bookclub and the ebook was cheaper that the pbook. I don't think I've fallen far.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #184
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Oh dear I have fallen off the wagon! I bought an ebook today, but it's ok because it's I need the book for bookclub and the ebook was cheaper that the pbook. I don't think I've fallen far.
It's when one becomes five becomes fifty that the problems start.

Here, have a hand back up onto the wagon.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #185
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i'm glad this doesn't include pbooks xP
Old 06-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #186
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i'm glad this doesn't include pbooks xP
pbooks have their own way of regulating purchases. The physical space needed to store them is a big factor.

Not that I buy any pbooks any more.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:55 AM   #187
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
pbooks have their own way of regulating purchases. The physical space needed to store them is a big factor.

Not that I buy any pbooks any more.
i don't really buy pbooks anymore either, but there's a credit card promo for a bookstore here and my sister can redeem a $6 or so gift certificate, which is just enough for one of the books that i want whose kindle edition is more expensive xP

plus the cover is gorgeous
Old 06-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #188
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
But immortality must be rather boring. And imagine your mom and mother in law or even worse your stepmother would be immortal too

Nah. This concept does not do for me.
My mother and mother-in-law I don't have too much trouble with, my father and stepmother on the other hand...

Quote:
i don't really buy pbooks anymore either, but there's a credit card promo for a bookstore here and my sister can redeem a $6 or so gift certificate, which is just enough for one of the books that i want whose kindle edition is more expensive xP

plus the cover is gorgeous
Thankfully, I never really liked buying pbooks by mail (or via the internet), and I really try to stay away from town where there are bookshops...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #189
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

Thankfully, I never really liked buying pbooks by mail (or via the internet), and I really try to stay away from town where there are bookshops...

it's been in a while since i actually browsed in a bookstore, but it was lovely! all those beautiful books in their neat little packages
Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #190
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
it's been in a while since i actually browsed in a bookstore, but it was lovely! all those beautiful books in their neat little packages
And that itching wallet! I'll always stop by the bookstore when I'm in town. Both new and second-hand...

(that lovely smell of books! )
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #191
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
And that itching wallet! I'll always stop by the bookstore when I'm in town. Both new and second-hand...

no smelling, they're packaged

but they do look yummy all crisp and ready to go
Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #192
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

http://smellofbooks.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	can-newbook.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	72753   Click image for larger version

Name:	can-cat.jpeg
Views:	393
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	72754  
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #193
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
no smelling, they're packaged

but they do look yummy all crisp and ready to go
Bah, what's the use of going to a real bookstore and not being able to actually leave thru the pages!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #194
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Bah, what's the use of going to a real bookstore and not being able to actually leave thru the pages!
they don't want readers to spoil the pages or read there, methinks
Old 06-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #195
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:

300 books in 9 month... he seems to be annoying quite a bit

I read during my 2-3 hours of bus ride/working day too.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote