Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #31
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Thanks for the recommendations. I have ordered some more of them and will be adding the rest soon. It's going to be a fun reading summer!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #32
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
ImogenRose -

I just want to thank you for starting this thread. And thanks to all the others who've answered you with suggestions and recommendations.

I stumbled across the Sookie Stackhouse books and thoroughly enjoyed them. But, I never realized this was such a big genre (I've mostly been a big SciFi/Fantasy reader).

Thanks to the suggestions here, I've got a whole new genre to read (and I've bought a lot of new series). The Dresden Files books are, so far, the best.

My wallet doesn't exactly thank you all ... but I do!

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #33
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Imogen, I would recommend Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. She has a definite new twist on the vampire genre. There are seven so far in the series and book eight comes out in September.

And of course, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. It starts with Fantasy Lover. There are a lot in the series so far. Lots of 'vampires,' weres, magic and mythology. A new book in the series 'No Mercy,' comes out in August.

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #34
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Ilona Andrews (actually a husband/wife writing team) Kate Daniels series is getting rave reviews these days. The 4th book was just released last month.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #35
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
ImogenRose -

I just want to thank you for starting this thread. And thanks to all the others who've answered you with suggestions and recommendations.

I stumbled across the Sookie Stackhouse books and thoroughly enjoyed them. But, I never realized this was such a big genre (I've mostly been a big SciFi/Fantasy reader).

Thanks to the suggestions here, I've got a whole new genre to read (and I've bought a lot of new series). The Dresden Files books are, so far, the best.

My wallet doesn't exactly thank you all ... but I do!

Happy reading.

Marilyn
I am so glad I started it as well! I wold probably not have tried any of these otherwise. Great suggestions!!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #36
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
Imogen, I would recommend Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. She has a definite new twist on the vampire genre. There are seven so far in the series and book eight comes out in September.

And of course, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. It starts with Fantasy Lover. There are a lot in the series so far. Lots of 'vampires,' weres, magic and mythology. A new book in the series 'No Mercy,' comes out in August.

--JanG.
Thanks, Jan... I will definitely look into these. Sound good!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #37
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Ilona Andrews (actually a husband/wife writing team) Kate Daniels series is getting rave reviews these days. The 4th book was just released last month.

Thanks you, going to check them out.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
ImogenRose
PORTAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by beespeckled View Post
Imogen, you might like Mary Jane Davidson's Undead Series & or Julie Kenner's Demon- Hunting Soccer Mom Series

I almost forgot Tanya Huff's Vicky Nelson Private I. mysteries, which features Vampire Henry.

How 'bout a Steampunk mystery series? Gail Garringer's Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) a new one just came out in this series in fact.
OMG, I LOVED Mary Jane Davidson's book. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I just finished the first one and I am hooked!!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
OMG, I LOVED Mary Jane Davidson's book. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I just finished the first one and I am hooked!!
Just jumpin' in here to say "Me too!" I bought the whole series and have read them. They are good.

The Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom is pretty good too. I've read two of them so far. I try not to read a series right in a row, but sometimes it's hard. And yes, I have the whole series that's out to date... Sigh.

Again with the thanks for this thread, ImogenRose. It's been very good for me (and very profitable for a lot of these authors).

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #40
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
I loved reading Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. Can't wait for the next book. You might want to check them out.
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #41
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
Hi

Sorry about the delay - I've only just noticed this thread. I will wholeheartedly agree with the 'Night Huntress' series recommendation. There are 4 books in the main series so far (next one due out in a few months). Wonderful, funny, books that will also get the tears going.

There is also a spin-off series (Night Huntress World) featuring other characters from the main series - one book out now (First Drop of Crimson), next due out in a few weeks (Eternal Kiss of Darkness).
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #42
envy
Brown Eyed Girl
envy doesn't litterenvy doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs 600, Nook, Sony prs 350
I recommend the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione... awesome series.. totally hot..

Also:

Georgina Kincaid aka Succubus blues series by Richelle Mead
Night Huntress Series - Jeaniene Frost* hotness
Midnight Breeds Series - Lara Adrian
Lords of the Underworld series - Gena Showalter

Blackdagger Brotherhood series - J.R. Ward

Brotherhood of Blood Series - Kathryn Smith ( Historical Paranormal)

Everything below this line I'm in the midst of reading. The above books are highly addictive
_______

Nightwalkers
Shadowdwellers
the gatherers

These 3 series are by Jacquelyn Frank

Succubus Diaries series by Jill Myles
Jazz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin

Last edited by envy; 07-16-2010 at 05:26 PM.
envy is offline   Reply With Quote