Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to join the Copia beta test?
Yes. 11 35.48%
No. 14 45.16%
Maybe. 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2010, 04:06 AM   #16
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Copia is about ready to start a large scale beta test of their platform. We here at MobileRead have been given the opportunity to participate. (We're an ebook community and Copia is a social reading platform; the synergy is obvious.)
Thanks for the info Nate!

As I'm personally not really interested in their project of a "ebook-centric" social network I voted "no" in the poll, but I can imagine that there are uses and possible users for this.

(I'm the member of one (1) business network myself and not really using that either. Yes, I'm a member of a number of forums on the net, but I'm not a fan of - internet based - social networks.)
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #17
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Someone said it before, I'll try anything once, then do it again if I like it. I've been looking for a new, larger (than 6") format ereader for quite a while now, and the Copia Ocean 9 was one of my leading candidates. However, yesterday I found out that Innoversal is releasing their Papyrus ereader on 16 August, and based on everything I've read on it, this is probably the one I'll go for. But it would still be fun to have a look at the Copia.

Dan
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I voted "no" because I don't read at my computer, and I already have a perfectly good social network option: Goodreads, and Facebook for a few other friends who like to read similar books.

Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #19
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Sure.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I voted yes, might be a social network I might actually use though I have to point out that my friends DO NOT read what I read though they read a lot. So it would almost be a while seperate network then say my facebook.

As for their ereaders, if that 6" costs more then $180 then its a huge FAIL. And if the 9" wi-fi is under three hundred dollars then I'm buying one the second it comes out.

EDIT: would the BETA come with invites?

Last edited by Kosst Amojan; 07-29-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I voted no. Soon we'll be starting school, and then I'll have even less time for computer related things than I have now. I love reading on my ebook reader, but I don't want to be tied to my computer. And even though I have a facebook account, I find I rarely use it. So it doesn't really interest me. But thanks for letting us know about it!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #22
Hitech_luddite
Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Hitech_luddite can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
I voted Maybe. Their video is freaky and doesn't inspire confidence as it is all aspirational with no substance. The request a Beta invite button simply triggers the default mailer. Couldn't they have at least put up a form for you to type your email address and why you wish to participate (author/reader/professor etc). It feels like a website from ten years back when tens of thousands of dollars were being poured into websites with nothing behind them and everyone just expected the money would roll in. It gives me no clear idea of what they are trying to achieve or how they think I can help them.

I would however be willing to try their software, especially after Nookstudy proved so disappointing. There is a place in my reading experience for looking at heavily annotated e-texts on the computer, for things like the US Constitution or Beowulf, where a large monitor and better searching and note-taking facilities would be useful.

Has anyone actually followed this up?
Hitech_luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #23
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I voted Yes - I would like to learn more about their formats and ereaders.

I'll try anything once!

Last edited by Mare of Earth; 08-06-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Sure, I'll try anything once
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare of Earth View Post

I'll try anything once!
Maybe we should talk ....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Why 'only' once ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #26
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Why 'only' once ....
In American on Purpose, Craig Ferguson wrote, "I have an addictive personality, I'll try anything a hundred times just to make sure I don't like it."

He said that as a partial explanation to his addiction to alcohol, and why he's learned that, for him, alcohol is dangerous. He no longer drinks.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd be happy to beta test their site as long as I also got to beta test a 9" reader along with it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd be happy to beta test their site as long as I also got to beta test a 9" reader along with it.
My sentiments exactly.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #29
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
or even an iPad ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just now got my beta invite.

I have 10 invites that I can share. Who wants one? Send me a PM with your email (along with your immortal soul or first born child).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote