Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
jonfmerz
Writer ~ Producer ~ Ninja
jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Thrillers, Supernatural, Fantasy & Spooky Tales

Hi All,

haven't been around in a long while, but I thought I'd drop by and let you know that I've got a ton of ebooks out on Amazon now (just click the title to learn more).

NOVELS:

PARALLAX: Psychic suspense thriller involving two assassins who develop a mind link and the dangerous cat-and-mouse game that ensues.

VICARIOUS: Supernatural thriller about a serial killer able to kill without leaving any evidence whose true goal is the resurrection of Satan himself.

SHADOW CHASER: Spy thriller about a deadly satellite biological warfare platform and the deadly assassin who will stop at nothing to possess it and then sell it on the Black Market.

NOVELLA:

NINJA: Told in the style of Robert E. Howard (creator of Conan & Solomon Kane) NINJA tells the story of a mythical warrior hero named Ran as he graduates from the ninja school he has been attending for twenty years and begins undertaking all sorts of missions across an alternate Earth.

COLLECTION:

THIS TIME OF NIGHT: A collection of 29 short stories from the years 1994-2002, featuring a broad spectrum of genres and tastes - everything from crime to horror to espionage to the bizarre.

STORIES:

DOWN THE STREET DEAD: The citizens of the little town of Canterbury, New Hampshire have a secret...and sometimes they reveal it...

HANCOCK'S TUNNEL: Vietnam, 1968 and the tunnel rat Hancock is called in to discover where the bodies of US servicemen are disappearing to...but the answer may be more hideous than anything the enemy could conjure up.

HINDSIGHT: London, the late 1800s - sometimes the worst monsters aren't the ones in the legends, but the ones we create ourselves...

PRISONER 392: A French prison colony becomes the setting for a bizarre experiment in mental manipulation and escape...

REPO: Two crooked Repo men get a little bit more than they bargained for one lonely night on the highway...

THE BRANK OF KHOSADAM: A classic sitting room story about an adventurer in search of an ancient relic who finds a lot more than he ever wanted...

RIP: What lurks on the fringes of our peripheral vision? Or maybe we'd rather not see...

These are also available in other file formats as well, so if you're interested in any of them, feel free to shoot me an email at jonfmerz@verizon.net and I'll be happy to hook you up.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my work. Much appreciated!

-Jon F. Merz
http://www.jonfmerz.net
jonfmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
It's nice to see you around here again.

I saw some of your books go up on smashwords and picked one up last month.

Those of us without Kindles (and out of the USA) appreciated having the smashwords option to purchase your books.

Thank you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
jonfmerz
jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jonfmerz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks Dreams! I haven't had all that much luck with Smashwords to be completely honest, but hearing from you that this is a good option - especially for international readers - makes me think it would be a good thing to have all of my stuff available out there as well. I'll be sure to do that. Thank you for letting me know & thanks also for picking up some of my work!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome. We appreciate authors who consider all their readers.

From what I understand, those with Kindles outside the USA pay an extra $2 fee for the book and some countries charge an addition fee/ tax / VAT or something. You'll have to read what our international readers are posting.

The extra $2 charge stays with Amazon and doesn't go to the author. Having the book on smashwords allows them to purchase without the additional charge.

Thank you again.

Last edited by dreams; 05-05-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #5
jonfmerz

I had no idea that was the case! I will definitely make sure anything I have up at Amazon is also available at Smashwords.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Hi, Jon. (I hope you still check in with us.)

I was over on your website and looking at your books. I've noticed that you have a few on amazon that are not on smashwords. Will you be putting some of those on smashwords, also?